Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Calibre Companion- Tags

Are there any plans to add the ability to edit book tags within Calibre Companion? I keep track of the books I have already read by tags...it would be nice to change these tags with Calibre Companion.
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Are there any plans to add the ability to edit book tags within Calibre Companion? I keep track of the books I have already read by tags...it would be nice to change these tags with Calibre Companion.
Until this is added simply update the tags in calibre, connect as wireless device, allow the initial connect jobs to complete then disconnect and all of the metadata (including any new or altered tags) is now up to date. No need to resend any books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Until this is added simply update the tags in calibre, connect as wireless device, allow the initial connect jobs to complete then disconnect and all of the metadata (including any new or altered tags) is now up to date. No need to resend any books.

Thanks. That is what I do when I am near the computer.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Are there any plans to add the ability to edit book tags within Calibre Companion?
I'd have to check with my colleague, but as far as I know Calibre itself doesn't support "two way" communication from devices. Thus there isn't any way for us to do that without also spending a lot of time modifying the main desktop program. So for now, there aren't any plans to do that. Sorry!
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
ncguy68
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
I'd have to check with my colleague, but as far as I know Calibre itself doesn't support "two way" communication from devices. Thus there isn't any way for us to do that without also spending a lot of time modifying the main desktop program. So for now, there aren't any plans to do that. Sorry!

Thanks. And thanks for a great app. :-)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
Question about synching bookmarks and annotations from device to Calibre library: does the "read" book file replace the original book file in the library? How does one initiate the request to synch device and library?
Thalia Helikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #7
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
I could only hope CC would export selected metadata of selected books to cvs, for instance, then I would be able to import them to Calibre when I use it.

Sent from Oneplus One
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia Helikon View Post
Question about synching bookmarks and annotations from device to Calibre library: does the "read" book file replace the original book file in the library? How does one initiate the request to synch device and library?
CC doesn't sync books, bookmarks, or annotations back to calibre. While connected as a wireless device, in calibre you can upload books from CC. There isn't any facility that I am aware of to upload annotations and bookmarks unless they are embedded in the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:34 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I could only hope CC would export selected metadata of selected books to cvs, for instance, then I would be able to import them to Calibre when I use it.
This is under the assumption that CC would support editing metadata? Without that, I don't see the point. As for CC editing metadata, that isn't going to happen soon.

We might reconsider when calibre 3 is out as it supports updating metadata via to content server, but even then it isn't clear that it is the right way to go. The user can make modifications using a browser without CC's involvement.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #10
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
When metadata editing happens, it is useful, regardless Calibre is at version 2 or 3, for cloud connection. Export modified data, upload it to cloud - an option to do that would be nice - then import them to main Calibre later.

I wonder if people using only cloud connection now would manage to setup a 24/7 computer for content server in the future.

Sent from Oneplus One

Last edited by nqk; 10-02-2016 at 11:10 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote