Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
rothas
rothas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader
Kobo Desktop App

Love the reader but this app is already driving me crazy.

I've added The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne to my library using the app. This Gutenberg book is showing on Kobo's website as available only for Web and Mobile however I can sync it to the reader using the Kobo Desktop app.

The download though takes minutes which is not quite what you'd expect in 2010. Can live with this. The major problem is that the d..n Mysterious Island is being downloaded every single time I open the d..n desktop app. Imagine if I'd have some 200 Gutenberg books in my library and want to add one more - would I have to wait hours for the d..n Kobo app to start ? Called Kobo support with no results except for "they are updating this".

I also subscribe to what a lot of users mentioned - this app is no good in terms of book/reader management.

The only things the app seems to be good at are speedier book acquisition ($$$ for Kobo) and injecting them into the unmanageable sql database on the reader. I never thought I'd say this but I love having ADE on my desktop.
rothas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The whole app is VERY slow in general.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert