Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Custom UI for W1060 or SmartQ/V 7 WinCE

While working with the W1060 in preparation for the review I'm writing, I've had a chance to do some customizations. I decided to make the stuff I made available to anyone who wants it. This user interface uses the systeminformation UI application commonly used with GPS systems that run WinCE. I grabbed a bunch of public domain icons and whipped up some graphics for the user interface itself. Since this UI was designed on a W1060 there are some things in the INI files that may be different on a SmartQ7. Still, with a little customization of your own, you can use this on a SmartQ7 quite easily.

I'm pretty busy this week, so I won't be able to give too much support on customizing this, but I will help as much as I can. Here is a preview of the UI, which I expect to have ready for people to download as early as tomorrow (I have a few screens to work on yet). Click the image to see the full size.

Home Screen

Media Screen

Documents Screen

Check back tomorrow for the download.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

OK I have finished this UI. I'll be making it available for download sometime tomorrow morning, with some instructions. Sorry it took me longer than usual, I had some other things going on here.
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Can't wait to use your UI coldsun looks good
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

The UI is ready! For the download and instructions please go here:

http://www.coldsuncreations.com/home...Area_Open.aspx

The UI will work for pretty much any 800x480 WinCE device, but I have tested it completely with both the SmartQ7 and the W1060 from WireLession. Have fun!

Final Home Screen - click for full-size:

Last edited by ColdSun; 11-25-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Renji
Connoisseur

Thanks Coldsun works great and lovin its better the the standard OS however I install the cab and rebooted, however when it loaded up it says cannot find GO and cannot find system task bar.exe, so have to go load from SD card which isn't a problem at all I think its the perfect solution for people like me with SmartQ V7.
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Renji - Try this (as I'm guessing yours might be set up differently):

1. Go to the Go folder on your SD card. Copy the Go.exe file using "copy" from Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to the root of your device and then go to the Windows/Startup folder. Delete the Go shortcut that is there. Press and hold your stylus inside that folder until the context menu appears and select Paste as Shortcut. It will paste the Go.exe shortcut to the startup folder.
3. Go to the Go/Utilities folder. Copy the ShowTaskBar.exe file to memory.
4. Switch to the Windows/Startup folder again. Delete the current Showtaskbar shortcut there and then "Paste as Shortcut" just like you did before. It should put a ShowTaskbar shortcut there with your new Go shortcut. Reboot your device to test. All set!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
Renji
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
3. Go to the Go/Utilities folder. Copy the ShowTaskBar.exe file to memory.
4. Switch to the Windows/Startup folder again. Delete the current Showtaskbar shortcut there and then "Paste as Shortcut" just like you did before. It should put a ShowTaskbar shortcut there with your new Go shortcut. Reboot your device to test. All set!
Got everything working till 3, as the V7 didn't have that ShowTaskBar.exe, can you post that or give the link as when I went to the Go folder there is no Utilities folder only ini, incons and background folders exist
Old 11-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Ahhh! Download this file again - I updated it, and you are missing the whole Utilities folder. I did this about an hour ago, but you must have gotten the version I put up by mistake! http://www.coldsuncreations.com/Libr...?download=true

You will see the missing Utilities folder in the archive. That actually goes inside the go folder and has about 5 utilities that you need.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #9
Renji
Connoisseur

Hahah Coldsun, I think it's gone wrong again look at the pics I have attached, It's loading without the background now so can't see anything just the clock and battery on the bottom right, and a warning sign in German.
See attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	758.4 KB
ID:	40113   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	40114  
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Hahah Coldsun, I think it's gone wrong again look at the pics I have attached, It's loading without the background now so can't see anything just the clock and battery on the bottom right, and a warning sign in German.
See attachment
I get the same...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #11
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

It sounds like you aren't putting it in the root of your device's SD card. On the SmartQ7 of course the root IS the SD card, although I'm not sure how it works on the V7 since I don't have one. Tell me what your folder structure looks like on your SD card and I can show you what is wrong. It just isn't finding what it needs in the correct path, which means you are either missing those files at the proper location, or you placed them in the wrong location.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I know what's wrong...

I put it in the root of my SD Card, but then the location isn't "\Go" but "\Storage Card\Go"... (JE100)

I put it in the root of my device memory and then it works!

Now I need to find the location for my mobipocket... And a way to rotate the screen...

Edit: found the ini files, but when I safe it, I get the message that it's empty or not in unicode format (and I know for sure it's neither...)

Last edited by Sweetpea; 11-26-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Ahh yes. You can try to download the W1060 version instead if you like, all the INI files on that build point towards the /storage card/go instead of just /go/ like the SmartQ7 version does. You will likely still need to do some INI customization to point to applications you may have that are different than the Q7 and W1060 I had for the testing. Sorry for the confusion, but if you can get it working it can be pretty spiffy.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
DigitBee
GadgetLover
DigitBee began at the beginning.

Device: W1060 SmartQ V7
Thnak ColdSun your share of this GREAT UI!

I very soon will get W1060 Sample and intall the NEW UI! as I know the W1060 win ce do not have a task manager, will we have a control on the task with this UI, as you migh know some time when we ask the ARM device to do a lot of task at the same time, it will be unhappy and "hang the task out", instead of reset a task manager will be grea help.

thanks
DigitBee
DigitBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #15
Renji
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Ahh yes. You can try to download the W1060 version instead if you like, all the INI files on that build point towards the /storage card/go instead of just /go/ like the SmartQ7 version does. You will likely still need to do some INI customization to point to applications you may have that are different than the Q7 and W1060 I had for the testing. Sorry for the confusion, but if you can get it working it can be pretty spiffy.
Hi everyone,
Just to let all Q7 and V7 users know just download the "CCUI for W1060 (ONLY use this with the W1060) " it works perfectly with the V7 just install the Go folder in the root of your SD card. Thanks again coldsun