Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Exclamation Calibre doesn't give me a complete list of contents

I can't seem to get a good list of contents links from either a PDF or when I convert it txt, a text file. I'm using .5.5 I've checked "Automatically generate a TOC but all I get is two or three links. The files consists of 4 books and many many Chapters.
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to tell calibre how to detect the chapters using the chapter detection options. From a PDF it will be difficult, but for a txt file it should certainly be possible
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
I converted the file to txt to rtf and at each chapter heading I used a level 3 heading, hoping that Calibe would recognise it has a chapter heading. but it was a whopping 500 megabytes and it was taking forever(3 hours) and still not finished. Since the whole thing was actually 5 books I broke them apart. Now I'm trying to format one book of 800 KB I removed the aborted first book and it is supposed to be processing the 2nd smaller book. It has just finished and yes, it DID detect my chapter headings! hurray!

But it is still trying to process that first book though! I dont know how to remove the Job 1?
Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by p3aul; 04-09-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: syntax errors
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just restart calibre, that will take care of any stuborn jobs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Sometimes Calibre will get stuck on a job, or think there's a job running when there's not. Just restart Calibre and it'll fix itself.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert