Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #106
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What new toy? Did I miss something?
copyrite got a Nexus 7.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #107
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
copyrite got a Nexus 7.
Oh! Well that's awesome! I don't know how I missed that. Atunah got one too. I love mine. It's my little tablet of Joy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #108
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I just went through and got rid of over half the print books in my TBR pile. It was out of control and I so rarely read print these days. I did end read a bunch of them

My aunt is having a garage sale next week. Whatever doesn't sell I will simply donate.

Getting rid of books is always sad but somehow freeing
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #109
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i've learned to sleep with my feet in a tiny corner of the bed so that the cat can stretch out when he sleeps

Quote:
Ack No! I had this bed for 5 years and in the old place it in our bedroom which is a no cat zone. They only slept on it since it's been in the living room here. I know they will claim the new sofa and recliner as theirs but I want my bed back.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #110
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Oh! Well that's awesome! I don't know how I missed that. Atunah got one too. I love mine. It's my little tablet of Joy.
This is one sweet little tablet. The Amazon app loads very quickly on it, too in comparison to my phone. I may have to actually try out Scribd, but I'm not so sure I'll continue it after the trial.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #111
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Asus should pay you a commission for everyone on this thread who bought one
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #112
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
Must Love Pets: A Romance Box Set for $0.99

Quote:
NY Times, USA Today, Amazon and B&N bestselling authors!
Love dogs, love cats, love romance! Seven tales of love for 99 cents for a limited time!

Girl with the Cat Tattoo – Theresa Weir, NY Times bestselling author & Rita award winner
For cat lovers everywhere, this sweet, quirky, and delightful romance is about a young woman and her matchmaking cat. When Sam the cat takes it upon himself to find his young mistress a new mate, he accidentally stirs up memories better left forgotten. A little bit of mystery, a whole lot of whimsy.

Groomed for Murder – Zoe Dawson
Brooke Palmer’s exclusive doggie spa, Pawlish, is sued when a client’s pampered champion gets a bad poodle cut. The client’s lawyer is drop-dead gorgeous Drew Hudson, but Brooke won't be wooed by a corporate shark in a sharp suit. This frivolous lawsuit is Drew’s chance to advance to partner, but things get complicated when he finds that the side he’s rooting for isn’t the side he’s fighting for.

It’s a Dog’s Life – Dale Mayer
Ninna's new job in the local animal shelter includes a yummy vet...and a dog who talks to her. Not just any dog...a fat, old, smart-alecky Basset Hound who says his name is Mosey. With all this going on, she doesn't have time to worry about the rash of break-ins and the sense of being watched. She's too busy worrying that she's nuts.

Christmas at Angel Lake – Edie Ramer
In a heartwarming tale of love, producer Logan MacLeesh, dumped by the woman he loves, lets squatter Maddie Barrymore, her young son and cat stay in his grandmother’s house... as long as she tells him a story every night. Far away, in another state, a homeless dog begins an impossible journey to find the man who’s meant for him...

The Mutt and the Matchmaker – JB Lynn
Private investigator Tom Hanlon is investigating a string of home burglaries when a pushy matchmaker sets him up with his main suspect – quirky dog walker Jane Bly – and her foster mutt, Calamity. Tom’s trying to catch a thief, but it may be his heart that’s stolen.

The Man, The Dog, His Owner & Her Lover – Candace Carrabus
When Stephanie O’Hanlon, 40-something workaholic, gets laid off and rescues a dog inhabited by her lover from a former life, she discovers the meaning of crazy. Handyman Gabe Fagen is crazy-in-love with Steph, but will she notice he’s alive with a mysterious giant dog acting as her guardian angel?

Walk in Beauty – Barbara Samuel, seven-time Rita award winner
A highly emotional tale of lost love and second chances. Long ago, Luke Bernali's proud Navajo blood and strong carpenter’s hands made genteel Jessie Callahan fall heedlessly in love, but Luke let her down. Now, eight years later, Jessie is back and Luke is determined to recapture the heart of the woman he's never stopped missing. Can a fierce, desperate long-ago love soar anew?
Nook

Kindle

Kobo
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #113
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i've learned to sleep with my feet in a tiny corner of the bed so that the cat can stretch out when he sleeps
My problem is they think they must sleep next to my face and Hubby doesn't like that. Little one likes to sleep with her head under my chin.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
This is one sweet little tablet. The Amazon app loads very quickly on it, too in comparison to my phone. I may have to actually try out Scribd, but I'm not so sure I'll continue it after the trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Asus should pay you a commission for everyone on this thread who bought one
Scribd is awesome! The experience I had with customer support was great. I've never had a more nicer person. It even beats Kindle Support.

If I got commission for all the products I've endorsed on the forum. I could have bought me something nice. Really I just know how it feels to find something that makes me happy. I was soo happy when I got my first Kindle. It was a Kindle Keyboard and I still have it. I then got a Kindle Basic in Silver and I was no longer Happy. I got my First Kindle Fire and I was happy again till I tried to upgrade to a newer model. We all know how that turned out. Many people on here told me get a Nexus 7 you will love it. It was a huge risk as I read the reviews and well they were some that made me worry but from the moment I first used it, It was love at first sight. I love that little tablet! It has spoiled me. I gave up on eInk and I only use my Kindle Fire HD for games. My N7 is my goto for everything. I even do Encraves on it.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #115
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Yeah, its all Blossoms fault. . I kind of had to be pushed over the edge kicking and screaming. But I am really happy so far with my Nexus. It means not that I have at least one pure android device in the house which is good for certain apps I wanted. But mostly I didn't want to deal with the possible blue frame around the HDX and the variation of such.

I have actually been reading only on my Nexus since I got it pretty much. I even read kindle books on it with the kindle app. I did get the Moon + app but got quite overwhelmed with all the settings that I had to set it aside a bit. I find the kindle app to be quite good, although not as full screen as the Scribd app is.
I have read 4 books on it so far since I got it, 2 through Scribd and 2 kindle books.

No Man's Bride - Shana Galen (4 stars)
Savage Horizons - Rosanne Bittner (4 stars)
An Heir of Uncertainty - Alyssa Everett (4 stars)
Wicked as they Come - Delilah S. Dawson (4 stars)

The last one was absolutely insane. . I had wanted to read that one for a while and I was ecstatic when I saw it on Scribd. Unfortunately the next in series is only available for purchase on Scribd. I am talking about the next full book, there are a couple of shorts in between but I don't like reading shorts. But they are on Scribd at least, maybe I'll try to read them anyway. They are 100 pages each.

So I am glad I listened to Blossom, so thank you Blossom.

I still will read on my e-ink kindles. Especially when I sit out on my balconies. But I wanted to test out for a week to only read on my Nexus and if it bothered my eyes in any way and just to make sure the device works good when used on a continuous basis.

I have not had any issues with my eyes and I much prefer the evenness of the Nexus in low light conditions over my splotchy milky Paperwhite. I have the 1st generation and its always been splotchy. And when I turn the light up, the contrast goes to the dogs. Like the font is more of a dark grey. It fine in daytime, but I actually prefer my basic kindle then over the PW. Much more clear and better contrast and none of that window effect.

Last edited by Atunah; 06-11-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Yeah, its all Blossoms fault. . I kind of had to be pushed over the edge kicking and screaming. But I am really happy so far with my Nexus. It means not that I have at least one pure android device in the house which is good for certain apps I wanted. But mostly I didn't want to deal with the possible blue frame around the HDX and the variation of such.

I have actually been reading only on my Nexus since I got it pretty much. I even read kindle books on it with the kindle app. I did get the Moon + app but got quite overwhelmed with all the settings that I had to set it aside a bit. I find the kindle app to be quite good, although not as full screen as the Scribd app is.
I have read 4 books on it so far since I got it, 2 through Scribd and 2 kindle books.

No Man's Bride - Shana Galen (4 stars)
Savage Horizons - Rosanne Bittner (4 stars)
An Heir of Uncertainty - Alyssa Everett (4 stars)
Wicked as they Come - Delilah S. Dawson (4 stars)

The last one was absolutely insane. . I had wanted to read that one for a while and I was ecstatic when I saw it on Scribd. Unfortunately the next in series is only available for purchase on Scribd. I am talking about the next full book, there are a couple of shorts in between but I don't like reading shorts. But they are on Scribd at least, maybe I'll try to read them anyway. They are 100 pages each.

So I am glad I listened to Blossom, so thank you Blossom.

I still will read on my e-ink kindles. Especially when I sit out on my balconies. But I wanted to test out for a week to only read on my Nexus and if it bothered my eyes in any way and just to make sure the device works good when used on a continuous basis.

I have not had any issues with my eyes and I much prefer the evenness of the Nexus in low light conditions over my splotchy milky Paperwhite. I have the 1st generation and its always been splotchy. And when I turn the light up, the contrast goes to the dogs. Like the font is more of a dark grey. It fine in daytime, but I actually prefer my basic kindle then over the PW. Much more clear and better contrast and none of that window effect.
You're quite welcome and if you need help with Moon+ just ask.
I never really care for my paperwhite in the dark though it has no spotches the front light hurts my eyes.

You can also read library books on your Nexus 7. There's the Overdrive app or you can use Mantano or Aldiko for Library books that have ADE DRM on them. I prefer Mantano but it really depends on the library book's formatting which way I read it.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #117
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I've had no intention of buying a Nexus (swore off gadgets for awhile), but after reading this thread the question is whether to go to Best Buy tonight or in the morning to get the Nexus 7 on sale.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I've had no intention of buying a Nexus (swore off gadgets for awhile), but after reading this thread the question is whether to go to Best Buy tonight or in the morning to get the Nexus 7 on sale.
Me I would go asap but as long as it's on sale you could go tomorrow. Choices...Choices...
Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #119
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Okay STOP!!!! I do not have the money but thinking about putting this on the credit card. UGH! I do not like you right now Blossom!
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #120
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Scribd is awesome! The experience I had with customer support was great. I've never had a more nicer person. It even beats Kindle Support.

If I got commission for all the products I've endorsed on the forum. I could have bought me something nice. Really I just know how it feels to find something that makes me happy. I was soo happy when I got my first Kindle. It was a Kindle Keyboard and I still have it. I then got a Kindle Basic in Silver and I was no longer Happy. I got my First Kindle Fire and I was happy again till I tried to upgrade to a newer model. We all know how that turned out. Many people on here told me get a Nexus 7 you will love it. It was a huge risk as I read the reviews and well they were some that made me worry but from the moment I first used it, It was love at first sight. I love that little tablet! It has spoiled me. I gave up on eInk and I only use my Kindle Fire HD for games. My N7 is my goto for everything. I even do Encraves on it.
I can see how you can give up on eInk after reading on this device. Nice crisp text, not the unevenness that Atunah referred to in the least.

One of the first apps I added was Calibre Companion. I love that little app!

I can't get the Encrave page to open in either Chrome or Dolphin. Is there a special setting or browser you need for the page to open? I'm sure my buddy Jun will be fine... he works on my cell phone in a pinch.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote