Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
tgv
tgv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
m92 opens pdfs as single blank page

I have a probkem with my new m92 when I try to open pdf I have created with my own computer and scanner.

I have opened pdf from other sources (internet) with no problems

but when I try to open pdfs I have created with my iwn scanner they just open as a blank oage and at the bottom i can see it says page 1 of 1 when in fact the pdf is more pages.

I should say that when I ipen the same pdf on a computer it opens fine and i can see the several pages of scans with no problem

Could anyone suggest why it is not worki g in my reader and any way to solve the problem? I d be very grateful if you could
tgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I haven't the solution for the moment, but I have the same problem with some files. It's due to the construction of the PDF file.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgv View Post
I have a probkem with my new m92 when I try to open pdf I have created with my own computer and scanner.

Could anyone suggest why it is not worki g in my reader and any way to solve the problem? I d be very grateful if you could
You can try to print that pdf to file using Adobe Reader or any other app (e.g. k2pdfopt) using your reader's dimension(A5) and resolution.

If you have created multipage TIFF file, you should try some other way, e.g. to save scans as jpegs and then create (compressed) pdf.

Last edited by markom; 01-16-2014 at 01:19 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
tgv
tgv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you for your indications guys!

My printer was actually producing pdf files not any other type of file

But I have found that opening them in Adobe Reader , choosing "save as" and creating a new file with a different name produces a pdf that the ereader CAN open

So it s a minor inconvenience because of the extra step involved but at least I can read the pdfs produced by my scanner now.

Thanks so much for your help!
tgv is offline   Reply With Quote