Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thumbs up Toggle widgets app in Notifications Menu :)

If you can't tell, I've started using my eDGe a lot, again, after a bit of a hiatus. Today, I was reading on the eInk and the LCD side and got annoyed that I needed to go to the launcher to easily turn off WiFi to save battery.

So I set out hunting for something that would add some widgets to the notification bar like my Galaxy Note II has.

XDA came through!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037817

Works great! I only have the WiFi one set, but it lets you add gobs.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
hearty endorsement from me as well.

I've been using that for a while on my phone since the stock rom (surprisingly good) doesn't let you configure those like cyanogen mod does. luckily there is CM development and roms for my phone, but I still loved j4velin's free app enough to donate to the developer.

and when my PE recently died, that was also one of the first things I installed, works great!

the only thing it is really missing was a way to get into the screen lock management - I prefer pattern-lock on all my devices and for whatever reason, the PE doesn't let you set it even though it is possible to do so:

before using Notification Toggle, I used to use Quicker Free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.bwx.bequick2
which is more or less similar in function, except it has its own dialog UI rather than sitting in the notification tray. but it does let you get into the security management functions like screen lock, which Entourage hid for some reason.

but the screen lock setting is now the only reason I needed Quicker Free - toggles in the notification bar are much, much nicer ;-)
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I use Elixir; it also allows grouping of apps.

Description
Elixir is a system information application with highly configurable widgets. It displays information about battery, CPU usage, memory usage, internal and external storage (SD-card), display, WiFi, mobile network, location services (GPS), bluetooth, sync, airplane mode, sensors, etc.

Features:
Quote:
* multiple widget sizes
* small widget icons, up to 7*7 icons per screen
* statusbar icons: battery, CPU
Widget icon types:
Quote:
* battery
* battery current
* battery temperature
* brightness
* CPU usage
* date
* time
* external storage
* internal storage
* memory
* mobile signal strength
* mobile traffic
* WiFi signal strength
* WiFi traffic
* airplane mode switch
* auto-sync switch
* bluetooth switch
* GPS switch (not available in 2.3)
* mobile data switch (APN switch, read Tips&Tricks)
* WiFi switch
* edit widget mode switch
* application launcher

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-15-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added link.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote