Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Gabo celebrates his birthday making "One Hundred Years of Solitude" digital

One Hundred Years of Solitude will Be on Cyberspace

This is the legal version, of course. You may find a bunch on Internet already, which are plenty of errors, by the way.

Thought it was good to share. For those who love Gabo's books.

Enjoy!

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
So where do you get it? And is it free?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
So where do you get it? And is it free?

eP
Did you read the article? :-) ...

It's not free. And I believe copyright laws still apply.

It's about 5,99 €. You need to go to leer-e.es website. But honestly? I am having some issues with the buying process. Not Amazon like at all, lol ...
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline

--UPDATE--

For those in USA, this may not work. GEO restrictions!

If you're in Spain or Europe, it may work.

Bummer!

Last edited by jocampo; 03-06-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
*sigh* I gave up waiting for "Love and Other Demons" and "Love in a Time of Cholera" and sent them to 1DollarScan.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
*sigh* I gave up waiting for "Love and Other Demons" and "Love in a Time of Cholera" and sent them to 1DollarScan.
Yeah,

I don't understand why he's so reluctant to technology or make those more available.

If he or his publisher is trying to avoid piracy, they are not. Although I don't have those (only paper version) it is well known you can find piracy ebook versions of his books online. Typos and Spanish errors should be very common on those I'm sure.

I may try after work and see if I can use a proxy server and buy via Amazon Spain. Or maybe ask my brother so he can buy it from Colombia. But, he's a doctor :-( ... he's very "dangerous" with computers and behind a keyboard ... lol ...

However, I know whisper-sync won't work after removing DRM protection, which defeats part of the main purpose of buying it via Amazon anyway.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Just wanted to add here as well that the book is also available for the Kindle on Amazon (at least for Spain and the US, not for Latin America)

Cien años de soledad
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabc View Post
Just wanted to add here as well that the book is also available for the Kindle on Amazon (at least for Spain and the US, not for Latin America)

Cien años de soledad
Yeah, saw your other post. It was not few days ago. I even called Amazon USA.

Karma for that! Thank you so much ...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
I was excited to see this post, even more excited to see it was available in the US, and appalled when I saw the price! $36 for an e-book?!
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydcarts View Post
I was excited to see this post, even more excited to see it was available in the US, and appalled when I saw the price! $36 for an e-book?!
Whew, I still have the paper edition....
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline

No idea what are you talking about ...

I paid 6.99 dollars for the Kindle version. However, something weird happened. It looks the Kindle version is no longer available? I have it on my Kindle device though ...

*** EDIT ***

Yes, it looks like my friends from Amazon removed the USA Kindle version...hmmm...

Last edited by jocampo; 03-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Yes, it looks like my friends from Amazon removed the USA Kindle version...hmmm...
Hmmm... At least they probably won't pull a 1984 on you.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
At the time of my original post, I followed the link provided by "andreabc" and the price was indeed $36. Checking just now, I see that the price has been changed to $6.99.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydcarts View Post
At the time of my original post, I followed the link provided by "andreabc" and the price was indeed $36. Checking just now, I see that the price has been changed to $6.99.

Don't think about it, just buy ... hurry up ...