Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Trying to make an Inline TOC

I am trying to implement an inline TOC in Sigil to use to build IMP and LRF files. Since each Chapter Heading already has an anchor for the Epub TOC, I have tried to link to them.

Link in Inline TOC
<div>
<a href="#Ch2"><span class="sgc-6">Chapter 2. The Beginning Of Troubles.</span></a>
</div>

Anchor in Chapter Heading
<h2 id="heading_id_2"><a id="Ch2">Chapter 2. The Beginning Of Troubles</a></h2>

CSS definition
span.sgc-6 {color: #000000}

After an entire morning trying to run this down, I'm bamboozeld. Where have I strayed from the path of virtue?

I imagine that the problem is multiple HTML files in the document but I don't know what to do.

Charlie

Last edited by crutledge; 05-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
december
Nameless Being

Unfortunately Sigil's only installed on my laptop, so I can't test the hypothesis from this public computer, but (assuming you have your chapter text in a different .xhtml "chapter" than the TOC itself) I think the problem lies in the ID specification. In other words, if I wanted the "#Ch2" tag to point to the "Ch2" anchor name, that would only work *within* the specific .xhtml page I'm working in (i.e., it only points to anchor tags within your TOC "chapter"). If you want to point to a different page outside the TOC, you'll need to specify the name of the file in which the anchor is located. Does that make sense?

I'd need to tinker with Sigil for a bit to figure out exactly how to specify that file path, but it's going to be a few days before final exams are over and I'll have time to play in earnest. If nobody else has answered here with a solution by then, I'll definitely let you know what I found.
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Unfortunately Sigil's only installed on my laptop, so I can't test the hypothesis from this public computer, but (assuming you have your chapter text in a different .xhtml "chapter" than the TOC itself) I think the problem lies in the ID specification. In other words, if I wanted the "#Ch2" tag to point to the "Ch2" anchor name, that would only work *within* the specific .xhtml page I'm working in (i.e., it only points to anchor tags within your TOC "chapter"). If you want to point to a different page outside the TOC, you'll need to specify the name of the file in which the anchor is located. Does that make sense?

I'd need to tinker with Sigil for a bit to figure out exactly how to specify that file path, but it's going to be a few days before final exams are over and I'll have time to play in earnest. If nobody else has answered here with a solution by then, I'll definitely let you know what I found.

Same problem here. I finally figured it out. Attached is a Sigil file with Inline Toc.
Charlie
Attached Files
File Type: epub One of the 28th.epub (381.3 KB, 478 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote