Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
lismith
lismith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Backordered Kindle 1 replacement

Is anybody else waiting on a refurbished Kindle 1 from Amazon? On February 8 I ordered an out-of-warranty replacement for a broken one. They estimated 2 week delivery, which passed with no Kindle. They keep pushing the date out; now it shows March 30, and I'm getting impatient! I've talked to customer service a couple of times already and they apologize and tell me they are still back-ordered with no ETA. I'm starting to wonder if there is any chance of getting a replacement.
lismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Are you getting the replacement for free?

You said your Kindle was out of warranty?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
lismith

No it's not free, it's $99 for out-of-warranty replacement. Still, 2 months is a long time to wait!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lismith View Post
No it's not free, it's $99 for out-of-warranty replacement. Still, 2 months is a long time to wait!
I agree, but as much as I love my K1 (still going strong after more than a year), I think if it broke, I'd probably go for the K2.

In any case, take a look at eBay or Craigslist. Maybe you could find a K1 for a reasonable price.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
lismith, sorry to hear about your Kindle. I recently had to replace my original, due to breakage. Same deal.... return your Kindle and add $99.00.
I was lucky to have a quick turnaround.... hope yours arrives soon.

I only briefly thought about the K2. I really like my original.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
What a bummer, they must be having stock issues!

If you can wait a little while we may see a Kindle 3 in the next few months? Could be a good excuse for an upgrade.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
What a bummer, they must be having stock issues!

If you can wait a little while we may see a Kindle 3 in the next few months? Could be a good excuse for an upgrade.
Really? There have been rumours spreading as early at Feb 2009 about a Kindle 3. I really don't see what extras could be really offered for a Kindle 3. I don't have a Kindle, but I am always keen to see what the next latest-and-greatest readers will come out with. I am scratching my head and can't for the life of me work out what the Kindle 3 would entail.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by lismith View Post
Yes, absolutely... I would probably have sent them an email on a weekly basis... I got my Kindle2 from Amazon to Australia in 4 working days...

It's nice to know they have a thing called 'out-of-warranty replacement', though...

Hope you get it soon...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
2 months is definitely a long time to await. I would probably complain about that for a bit.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #10
lismith

I have complained a couple of times, asked for the option to upgrade to Kindle 2 instead... no luck, still waiting.