Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Derek Turner
Derek Turner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Smashwords help: One book, two authors

I'm having a small issue with the epub version of my book, which is written by "Chet Bright with Derek Turner." Because, as far as I can tell, Smashwords has no easy way to note multiple authors, I accomplished this in the profile by listing "Chet Bright" as the first name and "with Derek Turner" as the last name.
This seems to do the trick, except for one thing. In the epub version, which I'm viewing on an iPad, only "Derek Turner" is shown as the author at the top of each left-hand page. The mobi file, viewed on a Kindle, reads "Chet Bright; Derek Turner" in the same position.
If the epub will list only one author in that place, I'd prefer it be "Chet Bright." Any ideas for how I can address this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Derek Turner
[promotional material and link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Derek Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
pigeonweather
Enthusiast
pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Droid
One thing I did in such a case was to include the names of both authors in the title on Smashwords: "Book: A Novel by So-and-so and Such-and-such"
pigeonweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
This is a bit late, but per Smashwords they don't have the ability (save for some very awkward and inellegant solutions) to add more than one author to a book. However this will be something that they'll address in the future. What timeframe that'll be though is anybody's guess.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote