Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Fabius
Fabius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to merge multiple azw files into one

Hi !
I wonder if someone could help me out
I have a bunch of recipes in png format, which i want to transfer to my kindle. I used the amazon convert service, and now I have a bunch of azw files. I want to convert this to one single file, this is not simple apparently, so after doing some research I figured that the way forward was to convert these again to epub files.
Now I have a bunch of epub files, I have tried merging these in sigil, but Sigil only takes one file at a time.
When I open one epub file in sigil two files appear in the "book browser" : "titlepage.xhtml" and "Section0001.xhmtl" - so far so good, but how do I add the rest of the files to make one single file or to get "Section0002.xhmtl"? If I choose "add existing file" it adds the file under "Misc" folder, which is useless...
Anyone have a good method for this please?

Last edited by Fabius; 10-03-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: addition
Fabius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
If your original files are images (png format), start with a new epub in Sigil.
Add those image files to the images folder
Add those images to your main document.
You will have to make sure the image sizes are appropriate for the ereader, insert page breaks, etc.
I assume you know enough html to get this done.
Then run the epub through Kindle Previewer and you will have a Kindle version!
You could also insert the images into a Word document, get everything formatted the way you want, then save as a filtered web file.
Then bring this file into Sigil to create the epub.
The process would be easier if you had text files of the recipes instead of images.
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Fabius
Fabius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you very much mncowboy, I have wasted hours converting my files to useless formats
I had 56 files so it was not too much of a pain with the editing in Sigil...
But I wish there was a more simple way

The good thing about my converted azw files was that the images adjust themselves very nicely and smoothly to the page view on kindle, the bad thing is that my kindle interprets each file as one book (with one page) and since navigating between books is a pain on kindle 3rd gen, it's not a solution for me.

Thanks again!
Fabius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, epub, kindle, sigil