Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
How do annotations work?

Hi all, I've plugged in my Sony PRS-T2, but I'm just confused on how annotations work. I can see some files with the extension '.note' and I assume these are what annotations are stored, but I don't know how annotations work exactly: does the PRS-T2 upload the annotations to the Reader software? At the moment, I have multiple copies of a few ebooks on my PRS-T2 and I want to delete them, but I don't want to accidentally delete my annotations.

How do annotations work when there are multiple copies of the same book? Does each book have its own annotations file? I'm using the Evernote functionality to highlight quotes in ebooks so I can look at them later on my PC. However, if I delete the annotations I don't think I'll know which quotes I've highlighted just by reading ebooks on the PRS-T2.

Are the annotations uploaded to the Sony Desktop Software when I plug in the PRS-T2?

This is the note-taking system I've devised: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225769

Please help me!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Could anyone help me please?
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i am pretty sure, from reading other threads - that sony has a single database for all notes, & that there is no easy way to export it. that database lives on the reader.
search all forums on this site for annotations and/or for notes & you should find much disicussion of formats, uploading,downloading....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Thanks for your reply.

Does anyone know where the Sony software stores annotations?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=sony+notes
post #12 in this thread

it is discussing T1 but T2, T3 should work the same
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #6
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=sony+notes
post #12 in this thread

it is discussing T1 but T2, T3 should work the same
Alright, thanks. What am I supposed to do from here?

If I were to delete 'books.db', what would happen?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
Alright, thanks. What am I supposed to do from here?

If I were to delete 'books.db', what would happen?
I am beginning to sound like a stuck record here, but TRY IT AND FIND OUT !!!

rename that file - see what damage has been done, then rename it back again

the "normal " side effect of deleting /renaming a database file, is that the database stops working duh!