Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
AndyBarlow
AndyBarlow began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Touch
Question Newspapers and magazines

Hi, got my Touch for Christmas and I think it's excellent. However, I am a bit unhappy that e-books on Kobo are so much more expensive than on Amazon (at least in the uk), but more upset that I can't access newspapers and magazines. On the store it says they are working to get these going, but there's no timescale mentioned. Does anyone know any more about this?

Cheers,

Andy
AndyBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Use Calibre. It has over 400 sources for newspapers and magazines in English. Most of them free.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
AndyBarlow
AndyBarlow began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Touch
Ah cheers for that
AndyBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I haven't fully explored the function yet, but you can set it up to autodownload from the sites and then automove to the device once connected. Set it going before your shower in the morning and you can have your papers ready to read by the time you leave the house. ;-)
plib is offline   Reply With Quote