Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I mean it would affect the stupid iBooks "feature" of removing the TOC from the TOC, surely they don't check for the TOC name in every language?
Gotcha. And I agree. It is rather stupid for iBooks to be removing anything from the TOC for any reason.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The simple solution is to just remove the internal ToC. It's not needed and it's not wanted. The external ToC will do fine. This way, you don't need a ToC entry for the ToC since you won't have an internal ToC. I find an internal ToC in an ePub to be insulting.
Are you speaking for everyone again? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean that nobody wants it. Lots of people like an eBook to be more like a book.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
I name my TOC's "Contents" and they are always there
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
I'll test again Adjust. I don't remember having this problem until I updated ibooks last week. Are you on the latest version of ibooks?
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Tried "Contents" with no luck but "Contents " works!

Ah, that's a nbsp you don't see there

Last edited by virtual_ink; 11-17-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #21
virtual_ink
Zealot

iBooks seems to have 'fixed' this hack, and it no longer works. Bah.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #22
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Time to compile a list of synonyms for 'Contents', then.

Is there another word for synonym, by the way? Or a shorthand expression for mnemonic?
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Embed a very small, custom-made font that gives you the ability "spell" Contents with entirely different characters.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
sundog
sundog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_ink View Post
SO it chops Contents, Table of Contents, and I think Front Matter ... How frustrating. A complete list of terms to avoid could come in handy.
So, I know this is an old discussion, but I've just stumbled upon this irritating problem for the first time and found this thread. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround? It seems "cover" is also ignored.
sundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #25
SpencerCoffman
SpencerCoffman began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
I've been having a similar problem. My TOC has all of my chapters in it but when I upload it they seem to disappear.

For some reason the chapters are missing when Smashwords or Draft2Digital look at the files. However, in my clickable TOC and in my TOC.ncx all of the chapters are there. In addition, when I download the ePub I can see all of the chapters and click to them at will. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a thread I opened up.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...50#post3611850
SpencerCoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCoffman View Post
I've been having a similar problem. My TOC has all of my chapters in it but when I upload it they seem to disappear.

For some reason the chapters are missing when Smashwords or Draft2Digital look at the files. However, in my clickable TOC and in my TOC.ncx all of the chapters are there. In addition, when I download the ePub I can see all of the chapters and click to them at will. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a thread I opened up.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...50#post3611850
Your issue is not related to the way that iBooks displays the TOC. Two completely different things.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #27
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Dead Thread Walking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zombie.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	160021  
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #28
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Dead Thread Walking.
Agreed, but I didn't want to leave him hanging, Dubs.

Hitch
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Agreed, but I didn't want to leave him hanging, Dubs.

Hitch
Oh, I didn't mean to criticise you. I just had read a few posts before I noticed, so I thought I'd put up a friendly warning.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #30
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to criticise you. I just had read a few posts before I noticed, so I thought I'd put up a friendly warning.

Spoiler:
(Aren'tcha glad that you know I'm not a dude now?)

Hitch