Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
You know you have read a book series too much:

When you start talking like the characters - woke up this morning tried to put on my cardin sor, my wife claimed I was a "wool headed lumox" I felt like I was Gai Shain.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Every time I re-read a Lee Burke, I find myself talking like I was born Cajun every now and then - as you say, slightly worrying, and certainly a hint we should get out a little more...............
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's also bad when it becomes an inside joke.

I used to joke about TV re-doing shows by referencing "CSI-Sheboigen" then someone in another thread joked about "CSI-Ank Morpork" referencing Terry Pratchet's Diskworld.

I added "CSI-Ank Morpork" to the end of a text message and my wife burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting then could not explain to the rest of her group what was so funny.

Some other phrases we use:

"Damb Skippy" from Janet Evanovitch Plumb books.

"Bacon Fairy" - from Gemma Halliday where she described a yippy dog looking at the main character with adoration as though she was the Bacon Fairy. We use it for any person who appears smitten with someone or thing.

"Important Safety Information" - from a Dave Barry article where he describes how intently men perform the breast-assessment-glance. We use it to describe any well endowed (or well displayed) cleavage.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
Bacon Fairy.
Wouldn't that be a dream come true?!!!
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
bornmusician
Bibliophile
bornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
When you start talking like the characters - woke up this morning tried to put on my cardin sor, my wife claimed I was a "wool headed lumox" I felt like I was Gai Shain.
LOVE the Wheel of Time series!! You rock!

Quote:
It's also bad when it becomes an inside joke.
Yes!! My boss and I frequently would comment that some of our employees had the "emotional range of a teaspoon"

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this!
bornmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
fettpett
Enthusiast
fettpett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I was doing that while reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series particularly the last 2 books (SOOO happy to finish them before the show starts next month). hell I was freaking dreaming about the books LMAO...
fettpett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Tim and I do that with Simpsons lines.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Quiet or Im going to box your ears!!!
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
that always happens to me when i finish reading a long book in a short span of time.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wish I could ever finish a long book in a short space of time................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Wish I could ever finish a long book in a short space of time................
i'm taking advantage of having vacations as a student to do so i think sometimes my family is curious as to what i read.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote