Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
J.M.G
J.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enough

Device: IQ 701
Got my pocketbook iq701. My review.

Got my pocketbook this week. Its a nice tablet with a good build. My only problems with it is that it is heavy for a tablet and the screen is alittle grainy to me and hurts my eyes. It runs the internet well and does better using Skyfire browser. I also downloaded Open Home which allows you to get rid of the standard pocketbook white screen and have the standard Android homescreen. Overall its a geat tablet and worth the money, but if you want to customize a tablet your alittle limited with it.
J.M.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I agree with your observations. The display and the weight of the device are the biggest negatives. The quality of the display is below average and the device is heavy for a portable e-reader. I still think it is a pretty good deal for the money.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.G View Post
Got my pocketbook this week. Its a nice tablet with a good build. My only problems with it is that it is heavy for a tablet and the screen is alittle grainy to me and hurts my eyes. It runs the internet well and does better using Skyfire browser. I also downloaded Open Home which allows you to get rid of the standard pocketbook white screen and have the standard Android homescreen. Overall its a geat tablet and worth the money, but if you want to customize a tablet your alittle limited with it.
How new is this ereader and do you know if they are going to upgrade to 2.1? Also if you could post pics of the different screens that would help. I'm thinking about getting one of these for my wife. Especially since its an android reader, it should be able to play videos as well.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
J.M.G
J.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalin21 View Post
How new is this ereader and do you know if they are going to upgrade to 2.1? Also if you could post pics of the different screens that would help. I'm thinking about getting one of these for my wife. Especially since its an android reader, it should be able to play videos as well.
It suppose to have an update coming but I dont know what that will include. Ill put up some pics later. It is a well built device.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
J.M.G

With skyfire browser i can watch youtube videos.
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:

From what I have read, Pocketbook are planning to upgrade to Froyo in the near future. I do hope it will come soon! I am still waiting for my IQ but I can't wait to try it.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
J.M.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
From what I have read, Pocketbook are planning to upgrade to Froyo in the near future. I do hope it will come soon! I am still waiting for my IQ but I can't wait to try it.
I just read that its going to be in December.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
J.M.G

Here the homescreen I use. Youll have to download and install Open Home or Launcher Pro to change the homescreen.

This is Skyfire on youtube. You can see at the bottom left the pop up of Skyfire wanting to play the vid. You click it to play.

This is the video playing. Skyfire does a really good job of this.

Last edited by J.M.G; 12-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Well, look at that! Thanks J.M.G!!

What version of Skyfire is that?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Dvalin21
Zealot

It would be awesome when they do an update that it would be compatible with Flash Player 10.1. But right now I'm sure it can install flash lite. Anyway, does the connection from device to PC work correctly? Is there drivers that need to be found?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
It would be awesome when they do an update that it would be compatible with Flash Player 10.1. But right now I'm sure it can install flash lite. Anyway, does the connection from device to PC work correctly? Is there drivers that need to be found?
The USB connection from the IQ to PC works perfectly. No drivers needed. I use it with Windows 7 daily. Don't know about Vista, XP, Mac, or Linux.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
syoggy
syoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, NookColor, and Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
The USB connection from the IQ to PC works perfectly. No drivers needed. I use it with Windows 7 daily. Don't know about Vista, XP, Mac, or Linux.
I have a mac and I have not been able to get the IQ to mount yet. It does however work nicely with Windows XP.
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Dvalin21
Zealot

I see that this tablet does not have market, I know that you could use slide sam 5, but I still would like the official as an option
Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
I see that this tablet does not have market, I know that you could use slide sam 5, but I still would like the official as an option
There are ways to use the Market. You just need to look for them.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
sunwestdog
Enthusiast
sunwestdog began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 701 IQ, pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Just talked to one of corporate guys today and it looks like 2.1 is coming soon. No word yet on whether 2.2 will follow any time soon. Will update if I hear anything.
sunwestdog is offline   Reply With Quote