Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #811
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coubi64 View Post
Thank you, it works with "KoboIndigo" (I had "kobo" before this)
Ditto. This business of apparently only offering updates for the "right" affiliates is very strange.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #812
tobynatividad
tobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of lighttobynatividad is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Tungsten E
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Ditto. This business of apparently only offering updates for the "right" affiliates is very strange.
I agree!
tobynatividad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #813
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
We were told at one point that this was done to allow the individual affiliates to "sign-off" on the update for their particular customers.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #814
rone1986
Enthusiast
rone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynatividad View Post
I agree!
Welcome to the strange world of Kobo, where people wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people. Shrubberies are to be offered as tribute.
rone1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #815
bullitt007
bullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: n647
Hi Guys,

Anyone have firmware for the original N647? I believe it was version 1.9.11 but the links for those are all dead.
Thx
bullitt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #816
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt007 View Post
Anyone have firmware for the original N647? I believe it was version 1.9.11 but the links for those are all dead.
If the N647 is the WiFi, there is a link in the first post for the firmware 1.9.11. I just tested it and it downloaded with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #817
bullitt007
bullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of lightbullitt007 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: n647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the N647 is the WiFi, there is a link in the first post for the firmware 1.9.11. I just tested it and it downloaded with no problems.
Thx, got it. I must be blind (guess my wife is right! )
bullitt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #818
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt007 View Post
Thx, got it. I must be blind (guess my wife is right! )
Was that her smacking you for doubting her?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #819
MetalOllie
MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Touch
Is it possible/safe to downgrade firmware to an earlier release? I've upgraded to my Touch N905C using the Mark 4 3.20 firmware, and frankly it's nothing but trouble. My collections won't open, and just hang.. Re tapping opens them, then opens whichever book happens to be under the place I click. It's unresponsive and a pain in the backside!

I'd like to drop the the previous release, as I didn't have any issues with that, and can't see any benefits to to 3.2 at all.. What, if anything is it supposed to add or fix to the Touch device?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks!
MetalOllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #820
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalOllie View Post
Is it possible/safe to downgrade firmware to an earlier release? I've upgraded to my Touch N905C using the Mark 4 3.20 firmware, and frankly it's nothing but trouble. My collections won't open, and just hang.. Re tapping opens them, then opens whichever book happens to be under the place I click. It's unresponsive and a pain in the backside!
I see that problem as well, but, I haven't heard of anyone else seeing it. The collections will eventually open, but it takes a long time. To make it happen quicker, I tap somewhere that I know won't open a book. That is usually in the bottom right corner, but at the top of the screen is safe as well.

I also see this when I finish a book. On the last page I tap forward, but I need to tap again about 30 seconds later for it to go to the home screen.
Quote:
I'd like to drop the the previous release, as I didn't have any issues with that, and can't see any benefits to to 3.2 at all.. What, if anything is it supposed to add or fix to the Touch device?
Strictly, you you should do a factory reset to downgrade. I have downgraded my Glo from 3.2.0 to 3.1.1 a couple of times without the factory reset to test something. But, I almost immediately upgraded, so I don't know if there were longer term problems.

Before you do anything, if you want to retain the reading status of your sideloaded books, have a look https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...59#post2783259. That uses the calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin to store the reading status. In case of a factory reset, you will also need to send the books back to the device. Or you can copy them off and then back on so that you don't have to remember exactly what was on the device. I usually take us a factory reset as an opportunity to clean up finished books and thinks I release I don't want to read yet.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #821
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I went from 3.2.0 on a brand new Kobo Glo right to 3.1.1. No problems.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 AM   #822
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
I had the same problem from 2.5.2 to 3.2.0 and after synchronizing the Touch. I then noticed that I had plenty of empty collections.
As I saved the image of μSD card before update, I returned to version 2.5.2
I checked if there were empty shelves and I deleted them. I updated to version 3.2.0 and I have not synced the Touch.
I checked, all is there, no empty collections, and everything works correctly.

(Google translation from French)

Jacques
jvolbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #823
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Merde, Google devient bon à traduire ...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #824
MetalOllie
MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Touch
Successfully reverted to 3.1.1, and while opening collections is a little sluggish, they do at least open! Many thanks for the advice.. much appreciated!
MetalOllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:58 AM   #825
Teddy66
Teddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Merde, Google devient bon à traduire ...
:thumbup:
Teddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote