Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Effect of SD Card on Battery Charge Life

I bought my 500 ten months ago and immediately installed a 2 Gb Sandisk SD card in it. With the internal memory filled with books and a few more on the SD card, I was recharging every couple of weeks or so. Since then I've regularly been adding more books to the SD card and not removing any. Over the same time, my recharging had to be done increasingly often until early this month this reached two or three recharges a week. I assumed something was wrong but I decided to first remove the SD card and go without it. That was a week ago and I have not recharged yet and, in fact, I still have four bars on the battery indicator. I know the fact that SD cards tend to drain the battery more has been mentioned, but I was never aware of how serious it can be. My impression from this experience is that it makes a huge difference how much you have on your SD card. The closer I got to filling the card, the recharge frequency increased dramatically. I may try reinstalling the card but removing half of the books on it just to see if this nonlinearity is correct.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I noticed the same thing. I had an SD card in my 505 and was having to recharge more often then before I got it. So, since I keep my current books in the 505 and use the SD card to store future books plus classics, I now keep it out of the reader in the pocket in the book cover.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I can now report that I got 13 days off one charge of my ten month old 500 after I removed the SD card. That's about five times as long as I was getting with the card installed.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote