Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #31
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
The home page still says "Store Status: NOT OPEN"

And despite the home page saying
"United States Postal Service (USPS): Up ",
the Delivery Information page / Shipping Method page still says
"An error occured [sic] with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the
store owner."

How can you pay by CC if the store can't tell you the total price ?

So close yet still so far ?
What is the rule of thumb about how long it takes to try and fix the 'last' few bugs (grin).

How about NAEB consider offering an option where you charge our credit cards the $375 for the readers now, (so you can get the process underway), and then you have a month or so to sort out the shipping price bugs and to collect the rest of the payment from customers.
(I gather that it will be a month or so before NAEB is in a position to ship the readers that are about to be purchased from your store - the delay until you get the 1000 units from Bookeen.)

Martin.
Now *that* is an option... I'll pass your suggestion along. And it's good to have such feedback because, as in my test run, where I went with the default USPS setting for a shipment to California, everything went flawless. Of course, I'm not the one who's making sure everything is tied together in the background, so I don't know if that's happenstance or just that my address was chosen for the initial testing setup.

And you should have had the total price. My attempt gave me the total price with applicable sales tax.

As far as 'Store not open'... We're not taking that down until I get the email notifications out to those who've pre-signed-up. That should happen by noon, California time, today.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
Seriously guys......

coming back to the cybook.....my cybook was froze on the boot screen that says Cybook gen 3 and resetting it ,removing the battery even after removing the sd card...it's still frozen...
Even with battery dead it's frozen...

I've emailed Bookeen several times and have not had any response $375 correction ₤250 for a flat piece of plastic that works for a week is not my impression of a functioning company.....

Looking ....all the problems have been around since the first sample units...

1.either they should have been ironed out before being sold

2.or they shouldn't have shipped

3.or have a viable readily available workaround like having the firmware downloadable to flash it ...so we can do it ourselves

Whatever ...it's a nice machine but think before you buy (addition: from bookeen) [/LIST]

Last edited by solodoc; 12-21-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Correction
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by solodoc View Post
Seriously guys......

coming back to the cybook.....my cybook was froze on the boot screen that says Cybook gen 3 and resetting it ,removing the battery even after removing the sd card...it's still frozen...
Even with battery dead it's frozen...

I've emailed Bookeen several times and have not had any response $375 for a flat piece of plastic that works for a week is not my impression of a functioning company.....

Looking ....all the problems have been around since the first sample units...

1.either they should have been ironed out before being sold

2.or they shouldn't have shipped

3.or have a viable readily available workaround like having the firmware downloadable to flash it ...so we can do it ourselves

Whatever ...it's a nice machine but think before you buy
Solodoc,

First, NAEB is *NOT* in control of Bookeen's quality control. We're a completely separate entity...

Second, the $375 price??? Hmmm... Did you buy the Basic? If so, maybe you might want to get an RMA number and send it back...

Third, our problems getting our storefront up and running are not, as you say, necessarily germaine to any problems current Bookeen customers are having. I wish that we at NAEB were set up, already, to do repairs and testing, but we're not yet ready for that or I'd make the offer. Sorry.

Fourth, have you tried plugging the Cybook into your PC and deleting all files you've added? This may well solve the problem if you've attempted to add your own font files or if you've attempted to load in extra-large pictures and the like.

And maybe I, personally, can send you a copy of the 'remove-and-replace' 0.98 firmware update along with the 0.99 and 1.0 firmware update so you can remove the 'offending' firmware and re-install... Please send me an email address capable of accepting 9MB zip files, by private message, and I'll forward them on to you. You'll need a blank SD card with which to install it.

Derek
Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #34
solodoc
Connoisseur

No offence Derek....

I only meant to bring to the fore this problem with the cybook I bought from bookeen.

I didn't install any fonts...it froze while I was reading the doctorow book that was preloaded.

and yeah I forgot to mention that I did try to connect to my pc both windows and linux and it won't recognize it.

Well your offer of the firmware is definitely appreciated.

I will try to PM you.

Thanks
Solo

Last edited by solodoc; 12-21-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #35
solodoc
Connoisseur

Thanks

Thanks Derek

I'm trying to flash it but the cybook will not go past the logon screen with cybook image.

Will need to try it again later.

Solo
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #36
Nik
Nik began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
For me it's easier to use the "down" button to change my page. I push the cover a little to clear the space for my thumb and it always worked.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote