Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch, LG G Pad. Asus 7.0
Finding my ebook

I think it's great that when you stop reading a book it is there on the Kobo screen to go back to

However when I add more books to my Kobo they fill the screen instead, and sometimes I can't remember the title of my half read book to search for it lol

Any suggestions please?
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by polli View Post
I think it's great that when you stop reading a book it is there on the Kobo screen to go back to

However when I add more books to my Kobo they fill the screen instead, and sometimes I can't remember the title of my half read book to search for it lol

Any suggestions please?
You can add it to your "shortlist".
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:

Any suggestions please?
Head to the Library on the main screen, select Books and finally click on the by Title above the list of books and select Recent Reads.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
You can add it to your "shortlist".
Thank you
Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
polli
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Head to the Library on the main screen, select Books and finally click on the by Title above the list of books and select Recent Reads.
Sorry that didn't work All it showed was a list of books I just added (The same as on the main screen)
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
polli
Zealot

But also how do I find my books in Kobo Desktop?
When I open it it does not show the books I bought on the bookshelves
Just 3 preview books
Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Where did you buy the books, polli? From Kobo? Only books you bought at the kobobooks.com website will sync with your reader. The rest must be sideloaded.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, if there are Kobo books that you bought that have gone missing from your reader and the desktop, you can get them back. Go to the library section of the Kobo website.

Look at the purchased list. If you bookmark the books there they will then go back into the I'm Reading section and will sync with the desktop and your Touch.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #9
polli
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Also, if there are Kobo books that you bought that have gone missing from your reader and the desktop, you can get them back. Go to the library section of the Kobo website.

Look at the purchased list. If you bookmark the books there they will then go back into the I'm Reading section and will sync with the desktop and your Touch.
Have bought 5 books from Kobo The rest elsewhere
But the 5 I have bought do not show up on the Kobo bookshelf
(They are on my Kobo though) Don't need to download them again Just wondered why they don't show up on Kobo bookshelf Only previews are there

They show up in my purchased books in my account
Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
They show up in my purchased books in my account
Good, polli. That is what I was talking about. If you want them in the desktop app do the following:
  • Go into your account's purchased book list.
  • Put a check mark in the box "select all"
  • Click on "bookmark"
  • Look in the "I'm Reading" tab, the books should now be there
  • Open the desktop app
When the sync completes all your books should be there. If you sync your device, you will be back at the beginning for any books you have newly added to the desktop app.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
polli
Zealot

Oh I see thanks

But can't find Bookmark lol

Will it not create double copies of my books on my Kobo though?

Last edited by polli; 12-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Will it not create double copies of my books on my Kobo though?
No, but if you have bookmarks on your device, these new bookmarks will replace yours. You can avoid that by getting your app set up the way I mentioned, then open your books on your device, create a new bookmark on each of your open books, and then do your sync. If you want to be extra sure about all of this, write down where your bookmarks should be, go to those pages in the desktop app, and then sync.

Polli, you might find a glance through the user manual useful, from time to time. http://www.kobobooks.com/touch_user_guides

I assume you have located the blue bookmark button by now.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Sorry that didn't work All it showed was a list of books I just added (The same as on the main screen)
Have you tried going to following pages when viewing 'recent reads' and paying attention to whether the ebook is 'unread' or has a percentage read?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
polli
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
No, but if you have bookmarks on your device, these new bookmarks will replace yours. You can avoid that by getting your app set up the way I mentioned, then open your books on your device, create a new bookmark on each of your open books, and then do your sync. If you want to be extra sure about all of this, write down where your bookmarks should be, go to those pages in the desktop app, and then sync.

Polli, you might find a glance through the user manual useful, from time to time. http://www.kobobooks.com/touch_user_guides

I assume you have located the blue bookmark button by now.
Must have been having a bad day lol Just realised I was on the Im reading page in Kobo Not the purchased

But still confused about bookmarks on my Kobo.

(Also all Recent reads brings up is Books I have just added and not read at all)
Old 12-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Recent Reads puts the latest books downloaded at the top of the list.

v