Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
Red Alert here...

Hi there, I'm a newbie here and I own a Sony PRS-500 reader.

In general I like the unit, even if it is experiencing some battery charge issues since I last upgraded the firmware via download.

I'm retired and living in Silverdale, Washington.

I prefer Fiction and Sci-Fi as my normal choices in books.

I'm particularly interested in finding other sources of books besides those found on Connect. Any tips you care to share will be deeply appreciated.

Red
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Red, welcome to MobileRead.

Note that the battery bug following the Reader's firmware update is only a bug with the display of the battery meter, not with the actual charging of the machine. If you charge with the wall charger, it's trivial to correct - after you finish charging (ie when the red light above the power switch goes out), unplug the charger from the Reader, turn the Reader on, and with it switched on, momentarily plug in the charger again. The battery meter will instantly jump to "full" and will then read correctly.

If you like SF and Fantasy, are you aware of Baen's Webscription service? This is a source of all Baen's books in open, unprotected eBook formats at extremely reasonable prices. You can buy either individual books or monthly "packages" of all that month's books (typically 5 or 6) for $15. A superb bargain.

Please join us on the Sony Reader forum - you'll find lots of like-minded individuals there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
Hi Red

you're welcome to check out the ebook search on DigitalReading.net

It will help you find free ebooks.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote