Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #3916
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
drmtiede,

you are welcome!

Please check building custom installer and/or using a Beta-Pack in the project WIKI.

The file to target is ViewerSettings_x50.js lines 546 to 562.

Spoiler:
Code:
 {
                                name: "AutoPageTurnerTime",
                                title: L("AUTO_PAGE_TURNER"),
                                icon: "CLOCK",
                                defaultValue: "60",
                                values: ["10", "20", "30", "40", "50", "60", "75", "90", "105", "120", "150", "180", "210", "240", "270", "300"],
                                valueTitles: {
                                        "10": LX("SECONDS", 10),
                                        "20": LX("SECONDS", 20),
                                        "30": LX("SECONDS", 30),
                                        "40": LX("SECONDS", 40),
                                        "50": LX("SECONDS", 50),
                                        "60": LX("SECONDS", 60),
                                        "75": LX("SECONDS", 75),
                                        "90": LX("SECONDS", 90),
                                        "105": LX("SECONDS", 105),
                                        "120": LX("SECONDS", 120),
                                        "150": LX("SECONDS", 150),
                                        "180": LX("SECONDS", 180),
                                        "210": LX("SECONDS", 210),
                                        "240": LX("SECONDS", 240),
                                        "270": LX("SECONDS", 270),
                                        "300": LX("SECONDS", 300)
                                }
                        },
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #3917
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Hi Analogus,

have you also tested with unalterd Sony-FW (PRS+ Safe-Mode)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
hi mark

Testfile will be uploaded this evening. have to test it in safe mode.

A
Thanks, got your file. Indeed there are paragraphs, where after a double tap the "don't enter lane" sign blinks up, instead of calling the dic.

BUT, I run a quick test in safe-mode, and there is the same behaviour.
So this looks like a bug in the SONY-firmware / or the epub-encoding.

Though it is calibre-formated, it doesn't look suspicious at a first glance, but should be check against a validator.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #3918
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Is there an uninstall for PRS+? I've decided to sell my 650 and need to make it as close to standard as possible.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #3919
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

kyteflyer,

Yes, please check the downloads on the project-page.

Finally do a hard-reset
Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #3920
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
kyteflyer,

Yes, please check the downloads on the project-page.

Finally do a hard-reset
Thanks, Mark. I did look there but must be blind

[edit] Scrolling down! Who'd-a-thunk it. I claim incipient dementia

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-06-2012 at 02:38 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #3921
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Is there a way to short-cut to the dictionary

In a pdf when I double-tap on the word the dictionary does not come up. Effectively the reader seems to treat the document like an image rather then text-based. As such, I want to be able to bind a key to bring up the dictionary so that I can enter the word manually.

However, try as I might, I cannot find a way to access the dictionary other than through the applications icon on the home page. The dictionary is not listed as an option in the key-bind section and doesn't appear as an option under the action-launcher.

Is there a way round this? Thanks.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #3922
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzzzie View Post
@Analogus
Hi there!
I've installed the latest Zork version on my PRS-350, there are some really awesome features, congrats, but unfortunately sice I installed it the highlighting tool in notes doesn't work anymore. I tried getting it back by tweaking some PRS+ settings, it works once or twice and then stops working. It worked fine with PRS+ (I used it for a year before I intalled Zork). Given I use this tool on a daily basis, it really annoys me. Do you know if it's fixable? If not, how can I uninstall Zork?
Thanks
I reported this some time back. I use the standard build of Prs+. I have not been able to consistently reproduce the bug. It is not infrequent. Most of the time I am not able to highlight, though I have stopped using the feature of late. The draw / handwriting tool always works though.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #3923
Rizla
Member Retired

Chess with Zork on 650?

It appears on Zork's page that only the 350 version comes with chess. Is there a way I can simply add chess to the 650 version, perhaps via recompile? Thanks.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #3924
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Rizla

I could handle this and provide it as download on the ZORK page

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #3925
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Rizla

I could handle this and provide it as download on the ZORK page

A.
I would appreciate it if you could. The Zork package looks exciting, but Chess is important to me Thanks!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #3926
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Rizla

New ZORK version with chess online under http://erhartc.bplaced.net/ereading/zork-edition/.

As always: this version is UNTESTED! If problems occur you have the possibility to download the old version again and reinstall it. The new version has tons of new features!!!

A.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #3927
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Hi Rizla

New ZORK version with chess online under http://erhartc.bplaced.net/ereading/zork-edition/.

As always: this version is UNTESTED! If problems occur you have the possibility to download the old version again and reinstall it. The new version has tons of new features!!!

A.
Sir, you are a star. I'll d/l and install it asap. I will let you know if it's running okay when I install it, but I am away from home for a few days, so I might, just in case. Thanks!

Last edited by Rizla; 11-07-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #3928
Rizla
Member Retired

Update: Please take down the link to the Zork 650 build with Chess. I installed it and my 650 is stuck in an infinite boot loop. I cannot do a hard reset. I expect I can fix this, but I suppose I won't be getting much reading done in the immediate future. Any tips on how to resolve it would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #3929
Rizla
Member Retired

Update: I was able to reset the device with a paper-clip and restart it with it connected to the PC. It booted safely with no PRS+/Zork customizations installed.

I wasn't sure of the best thing to do next. I figured the custom build was still on there, and would remain there even if I did a hard reset, so I went ahead and installed the old Zork 650 safe build and restarted the reader when disconnected from the PC. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. Instead of a boot loop, the reader hangs on the opening book page (the bar is at 100%).

So I reset with a paper-clip again, connected to the computer and the reader activates with no PRS+/Zork customization active. Thanks to Kartu's robust coding I still have an ereader. Thanks Kartu!

In any case, I need to get the Zork build off. If I restart it, it will hang again when the Zork build kicks in. I'm not sure how to get it off. Can someone give me some suggestions please. I think I've been pretty lucky.

I don't know why my ereader borked on the old safe Zork build. Probably it was a result of having installed the untested custom version first. In any case, the safe version does not work as a rollback from the 650 chess version. I highly recommend the author remove the 650 chess version. I did everything by the book and I don't believe this is result of anything I did wrong.

I will leave my ereader on until I can work out how to scrub it clean of all custom firmware. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #3930
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi Rizla

Sorry if your problems are caused by the new ZORK. Sadly, as written, I'm not able to test the version for PRS650 du to lack of this erader.

Do not worry!

1) Uninstall PRS+ with the uninstaller
2) Install the 'normal' PRS+ again

3) Reinstall the old ZORK

This should solve your problem. Meanwhile I've removed the downloads.

A.