Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
"Need to install driver software for your Kindle"

I want to sideload some books onto my Kindle Fire, but when I plug in my Kindle Fire via USB to my laptop, I get a message that says "Wndows needs to install driver software for your Kindle" then when I click on Locate and Install Driver Software, eventually I get a message that it can't find it. What am I supposed to do?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
JustDennis
JustDennis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I want to sideload some books onto my Kindle Fire, but when I plug in my Kindle Fire via USB to my laptop, I get a message that says "Wndows needs to install driver software for your Kindle" then when I click on Locate and Install Driver Software, eventually I get a message that it can't find it. What am I supposed to do?
Just continue and select do not search for driver again. The Kindle should be available just like any other USB drive. You don't need a driver
JustDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Thanks Dennis - finally figured out my problem was that my Fire was asleep and locked. Something so simple!
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Yep, that's exactly it, it's asleep. I had this happen once as well and it was because my fire stayed on the main screen and didn't activate. You have to swipe the bar to wake it and then it will go into the mode where you can access the drive. Glad you got it sorted.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Yup had the same issue in the past. U have to be out of sleep mode before plugging it in to the usb.
it would be nice if they made it obvious.
Even on pg 241 of the built in User manual they have it backwards to connect usb then swipe to wake.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote