Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
RobbieT
From Holland
RobbieT began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Fast on/off?

My girlfriend is looking for the Cybook Gen3. One important feature for her is that it should have a fast on/off switch.

So that if she is reading and she wants to stop, she just can press the on/off button and the device will go to a standby mode. At the moment she wants to continue reading again, she can press the button and the device will return to the correct page in seconds, Instead of powering up for 20 seconds and returning in the main menu.

Can anyone tell me if the cybook has this feature?
RobbieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The announced new firmware is supposed to have this feature. Of course, the firmware is not ready yet, and nobody knows when it will be. It is possible that devices sold now include some kind of pre-release firmware with that feature (it has happened before), but I don't know if that's the case.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Will have with the update Works a charm Though i keep letting my cybook always on, I haven't took the right habit again.
Now opus (the color one), have the firmware with that. Not clues about Gen3.
Older gen3 won't support this, but I think any you buy now will. When bookeen gets around putting the update on the website....

Edit : ok , update done

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
There you have it, the new firmware is out already
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
RobbieT
From Holland
RobbieT began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you, everyone.
My girlfriend ordered the cybook gen 3 yesterday
RobbieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Wapata
Enthusiast
Wapata began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Is there any problem to let the Cybook alway on ? With the last page viewed in the screen ?

Why did you turn the reader off ?
Wapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there any problem to let the Cybook alway on ? With the last page viewed in the screen ?
It uses the battery.
And if you have too much mess in your bag, keys are pressed, and you lose your page. (Or worse, drain the battery).
Old 06-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Wapata
Enthusiast

Oh, I thouth (je pensais) that as the screen doesn't make an "update", there is no consomation with ink-paper.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, I thouth (je pensais) that as the screen doesn't make an "update", there is no consomation with ink-paper.
Yes. But the rest of the device do need power, unless it's off.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
Wapata
Enthusiast

It's usefull too because (I think) there is no "hold" buton, true ?

(Well, sorry to use this topic but... I don't receive my device yet)
Old 06-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard

It does now
Sleep mode locks the buttons. And you go back to wherever you where very quick.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
Wapata
Enthusiast

Thank's for the answers !