Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you find a new reading app to use as I suspect Stanza will break under iOS 6.
The only reason I still use an iPhone/iPod Touch is because of Stanza. If iOS 6 breaks compatibility, then I just won't update. My iPod Touch are still on iOS 4.3 because I like Stanza 3.1 better than 3.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
For me, its either fbReader, or Moon+ Reader Pro. Both allow side slide for dimming, like Stanza does. Just one of the nice things. I currently have a Huawei Sonic, and an Acer Liquid Metal, the latter has better resolution. But I still prefer stanza and thats a fact
Mantano Reader does that too. Unfortunately, the screens on the devices I've tried just don't dim enough and it doesn't quite have all of Stanza's features that I use.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Bound to. I've been trying to get one or two people I know who are beta testing iOS6 to download it and let me know... but they arent interested so have to wait. I'll upgrade my iPad, I don't use Stanza on that. If it doesnt work, I'll not upgrade the 3GS (mind you right now I can't think of any good reason to do the upgrade on that... it doesnt get any of the goodies).

I think, in the end, I'll be making the switch to iBooks. Can't fight city hall, and at least I know that will keep working.
Why suffer with iBooks when you can use Bluefire and get much better results?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why suffer with iBooks when you can use Bluefire and get much better results?
Just haven't taken to Bluefire at all. I keep trying it, perhaps sooner or later. When Micah adds Collections, and gets the sync server happening, maybe then. One thing I do like about Bluefire where many other readers fall over, is that they stuck to a fairly standard iOS UI> I have a lot of difficulty with those that don't.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote