Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence
Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ipad
SEQUENCE 77

My name is Darin Preston and I've spent the last 20 years with a story eating away at my very being. Events in my life as a school psychologist opened up the flood gates for creativity as the story took on a life of its own. I gave in to the urge a few years ago and developed a manuscript which was picked up by Lucid Style Publishing. After two additional years of additions, edits and re-writes, it is finally here!

You can begin your adventure into getting to know me and the story within and behind the story by visiting Sequence77.com

This is a work of contemorary fiction with strong elements of action, mystery and social conscience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Darin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_med.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	79360  

Last edited by Darbarian; 12-29-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Darbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The cover is too dark - there's not enough contrast in it, and t's very difficult to see what it says. It wouldn't be legible at all on an eInk device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence
Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The cover is too dark - there's not enough contrast in it, and t's very difficult to see what it says. It wouldn't be legible at all on an eInk device.
The cover looks great in paperback and hardcover. Are you saying that you cannot read the title and the author's name when you click on the thumbnail (which is far smaller than it would be on any e-reader)? The words are quite large and in bright red. Even in greyscale, they should be large and easy to read. There are no other words on the cover to read other than the title and author's name. Anything else is just part of the artist's composition.

We will be developing the digital version over the next couple of months. I will make sure my publisher knows to pay close attention to the contrast for that format.

Thanks for the feedback! Enjoy the book!

Darin

Last edited by Darbarian; 01-25-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the great response to my new book! If you have read it, or just want to learn more about it from those who have, come visit me soon at our soon-to-be-open forum!!

http://sequence77.com/discussion/

Thanks and see you all there!

Darin Preston

Last edited by Darbarian; 12-22-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

If you had issues getting into the forums, you should be able to join now. We had the security setting a bit high at first.

Thanks and see you soon at http://sequence77.com/discussion/

Last edited by Darbarian; 12-29-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

We are in full swing now and the reviews are looking great! Thank you for the support! The e-book version is still in development, but should be perfected soon.

I know that most people who read Sequence77 will find far more than they ever expected. Read it and come discuss it with me at http://sequence77.com/discussion/

See you soon!

Darin Preston
Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

If you have had the chance to read Sequence 77, please join the forums and join the discussion. The forums only opened up a few days ago and we are just now getting thw word out.

See you there!

Darin
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

Things are going well! Take a look at Sequence77 today!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

The Journey of Sequence 77 has been an adventure so far! Now available in all major digital formats on Amazon, Barns&Noble, I-store and more!!

It is a story that will make you ponder how your own life would be impacted if the events in Sequence 77 came to pass.

Order today and stop by the forums at Sequence77.com to meet the author.

See you there!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence

I've been so busy that I forgot to update you all on the progress of Sequence 77!

The reception has been very positive for the book and our team is exploring a screen play adaptation. I will admit that I do have an "in" so to speak as actor Nathan Fillion is related to me through my mother's side of the family. The reason that this is significant is because the main character in Sequence 77 would be a natural fit for Nathan. It would be great to have family take a role in the film!

Stay tuned as we take these next exciting steps! Thanks also for your continued support