Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #46
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I have Nexus 10 and jetBook Color and I never use Nexus 10 for reading because can't read from LCD screen more than 10 minutes. I read books on jetBook Color screen during 2-3 hours per day with no problem for eyes.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #47
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I have Nexus 10 and jetBook Color and I never use Nexus 10 for reading because can't read from LCD screen more than 10 minutes. I read books on jetBook Color screen during 2-3 hours per day with no problem for eyes.
The users Kris777 and LuBiB seem to be working for Ectaco or atleast in someway related to them. Atleast that would explain the effort from both these users to:

1. Advertise Ectaco Products and "special deals" from them

2. Only give positive feedback about their products

3. Totally ignore all relevant criticism and give very subjective and selective feedback about Ectaco products.

I want everyone to make their own opinion, before someone claims I am just ranting! Thats why just check out their posts:

Kris777's Posts

LuBiBs Posts

Here is an Example of a post from Kris777 in another forum than mobileread:

Quote:
I just got the XL-1500 as a present from my wife and I have to say that I was very impressed. I already had another model from Ectaco for France but since we were planning to visit several countries she decided we should have this 15 language version. We are going on a grand tour through Europe for our honeymoon and I cannot wait to try it out in real life situations. It's incredible how much information is in this little machine and I can't believe how easy it is to use. It works just as well as the other one I had and we have already learned some phrases that we will need when we arrive in each country. We tried it out at this little Spanish restaurant near our house and it worked so well! The waiter was surprised at first because we pretended not to speak English and we surprised him after! We got everything we wanted plus a big smile!
This model available on sale just for $159.95 now
http://www.ectacodeal.com/ECTACO-XL1500/
This is very cheap and dubious marketing. I suspect LuBiB is from the American Department of Ectaco (which is coincidentally located in New York where he lives) and Kris777 from the Russian Department. This is just another reason why I would never buy from Ectaco. So much effort for advertising but not having any real customer service.

This is one of the worst companies I know! Just search on amazon for ectaco and read some of the customer reviews or any other source of customer experiences, both their products and services get very bad grades:
http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ectaco.de

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_st?__m...rank_authority

Last edited by gamba66; 07-10-2013 at 01:41 PM.
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #48
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
It's called google alerts, I guess you have never heard of them so here is a nice link http://www.google.com/alerts

Also, you may want to look up the definition of a Fanboy. I've seen tattoos of iPhones before, so they must all work for apple.

Most of your "posts" (woah look at that, 23 of them!) seem to be about the Onyx. I guess we know who you are working for!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #49
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again, You only reply on a personal level, leaving out any facts or objective means.

You even justify yourself on the basis of being a fanboy, which fanboy posts about offers on the companies website and which fanboy gets every product of a company even if they are mostly unrelated to each other and very often receive bad reviews? Very unlikely being a fanboy of such a horrible company where nearly every product seems to be very bad...

And I am a Onyx fanboy? Why would I post a thread like this then critizing the Onyx M92 Build Quality?: Onyx M92 - Are you happy with the Build Quality?! Possible reason for defect screens

Something you would surely never do

It seems I am not the only one who is convinced that you are someone who works at Ectaco or in someway related to them.

Atleast one of Administrators/Moderators is convinced so too

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...68&postcount=3
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #50
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Yes but that moderator also believes that the Kobo Aura did something sinister regarding eink screens in order to.... well I don't really know. I know that Kris777 has been posting here since at least I signed up and has always been a big supporter of Ectaco. Is that a crime? Just because I like Kobo that doesn't mean I'm a Kobo shill.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
gamba66
Zealot

Its not a crime, its just weird when someone goes around posting offers, even on other forums than Mobileread..

Like I said, just take a look at their posts, and make your own opinion..

It just annoyed me when I did some very thorough research on the JBC 2 because I was sooo close to buying it and when reading these artificial opinions from LuBiB and Kris777 I got really irritated because their opinions stand out so much of the crowd of opinions on the Jetbook Color.. Plus they post alot of random ectaco offers for all kinds of their product, don't really see a point even if you are a "fanboy"

Just made me wonder.. Not to say that everyone should have their opinion, I just believe they should atleast justify it instead of writing so much biased replies in Threads where People argue about facts!

Also lets just keep this on topic.. You can post in the Feedback section if you wanna discuss about Kris777

Last edited by gamba66; 07-10-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #52
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Yes but that moderator also believes that the Kobo Aura did something sinister regarding eink screens in order to.... well I don't really know. I know that Kris777 has been posting here since at least I signed up and has always been a big supporter of Ectaco. Is that a crime? Just because I like Kobo that doesn't mean I'm a Kobo shill.

That is not at all what I said. Please stop telling lies.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #53
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The JetBook Color (2) is great for displaying color e-books but the usability just isn't good.

Here are other 'fanboys' always writing 'there is no real white in (color) eink' and 'let's compare the white to an lcd screen'.

E.g. the iPad is IMHO just an almost useless expensive toy but some people claim to work with it. So if another guy writes about his 'perfect iPad' toy just ignore it.

And Kris777 has as join date the Oct 2008. There were no JBC in that time.

Last edited by joblack; 07-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #54
gamba66
Zealot

Kriss777 and LuBiB weren't banned on suspicion but on confirmed suspicion because they actually had the same IP as Ectacos business IP address from verizon..

Also I posted proof in the feedback section of mobileread that Ectacos product manager Greg Stetson was the user LuBiB and probably also Kriss777..

They posted here as soon as Ectaco brought out the jetbook, the jetbook color isnt their only ereader product..

And those are not fanboys, most of these people have firsthand experience with color e-ink, which unfortunately does.have a very grey background compared to even first gen eink vizplex.. thats a fact, sorry to say

And I am glad I didnt buy the JBC2 but instead the hanvonwisereader with 200 dpi pearl screen and capactive touch! im very happy with it! As I expected the firmware is very different and very fast and responsive, it even has glyph embolden and more features then I thought it would have

Last edited by gamba66; 07-25-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #55
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I am a very great supporter of the JetBook Lite and certainly do not work for Ectaco, or anyone else for the last two decades.

I hope, to be fair, a thorough investigation of "gamba66"'s affiliations was undertaken?

I also wonder if this "investigation" would have been conducted if "Nate The Great" hadn't taken a position opposing the views of those posters.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #56
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I also wonder if this "investigation" would have been conducted if "Nate The Great" hadn't taken a position opposing the views of those posters.
Probably not but it's always good advice to get a second and third independent opinion about a product before buying it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
gamba66
Zealot

Quote:
I am a very great supporter of the JetBook Lite and certainly do not work for Ectaco, or anyone else for the last two decades.

I hope, to be fair, a thorough investigation of "gamba66"'s affiliations was undertaken?

Luck;
Ken
Well I would be pleased if someone imvestigates me.. In the end I used to have an onyx m92 and returned because I wasnt happy with it. Why didn't I criticize Onyx? Because their company is legit and their product good, but doesnt fit my needs. I considered getting the JBC2 but after researching these are the sad results I came up with. I would be very interested in any theory why I should have done this for any other reason thenm to bring the truth about this company to the surface.

The only thing I really want is people to think about this company everyone should make their own opinion.

I based all my research on facts, check out the customer reviews, the biased fake posts and their way of making business.
And then tell me why you wouldnt step up to warn people?

I want to see how joblack reacts when his device malfunctions and Ectaco ignores his emails and, instead of repairing. offers him a discount for a new jbc2.

The current reader I own is the E920 which I imported from china and which has no market in europe or elsewhere..

So please tell me what other motivations I have then telling the truth about these borderline criminals?

I think its quite sad that someone who is being honest and stands up for others gets criticized, without any valid facts

Last edited by gamba66; 07-26-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #58
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

Luck;
Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Probably not but it's always good advice to get a second and third independent opinion about a product before buying it.
Y'all don't get to question my integrity.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #59
pooya13
pooya13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
gamba66
It seems to me that you are bullying those users.
They mentioned some legitimate points about JetBook Color, like the fact that it is a color display or it being easy on the eyes as opposed to LCD's. If these factors are not important to you it doesn't mean that they also shouldn't be important to others. You criticize JBC 2 (without having tried it out apparently) but also don't offer any other alternatives.
Obviously people who are looking into buying a JBC are after a large screen color e-reader. I myself have been looking for such an e-reader for years and my search always leads to Jetbook. (it seems to be the only option)
Maybe one of the reasons that big companies like amazon don't invest in this area is so that they wouldn't loose their market for textbooks. Otherwise people would just buy one big-awesome-easy-on-the-eyes-color e-reader for a few hundered dollars and download all their textbooks instead of spending thousands of dollars.

We need to care more about the environment and the quality of our education...

Last edited by pooya13; 09-29-2013 at 06:51 AM.
pooya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #60
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is a rather old thread.

Also, gamba66's suspicions were investigated and found to be accurate. That is, that "someone, or several people, employed by, or affiliated with, Ectaco used sock puppets in our forums. Posing as regular consumers, these sock puppets were used to create phony grassroots support for Ectaco products, specifically for the Jetbook device. Not just recently, but for several years."
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote