Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
mobilemax
mobilemax is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Portable Calibre in ZIP?

Can we please get the option to download the portable installation in .zip again?

I am certain that for some other people than me it was also much more convenient to work with the zip file than with the .exe installation...

thanks,
max
mobilemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemax View Post
Can we please get the option to download the portable installation in .zip again?

I am certain that for some other people than me it was also much more convenient to work with the zip file than with the .exe installation...

thanks,
max
You do something odd that the exe installer can't do for you?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
a.peter
Enthusiast
a.peter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle Touch
Some firewalls are blocking the download of exe Files. Typically these of companies.
a.peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.peter View Post
Some firewalls are blocking the download of exe Files. Typically these of companies.
so would it work, to just obfuscate the extension and keep the execute ability?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not going to generate a zip version. I already am generating *six* builds of calibre, and if I succeed at building the 64 bit windows version, then that will be seven.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert