Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
I really appreciated Lady's comments on chargers I had used a fast charger I had one time only on the new enloops I purchased after reading the lady's post I checked the spec's (750ma) The charger that came with the batteries was half that so I'll use it from now on

Gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
Just as a follow up

The battery level went to two "bars" then after about 30 minutes the low battery warning came up, and poof the unit shut off (the free included batteries got down to fluctuating between zero and one bar before shut off)

I put in the ready to go recharged "B" set of batteries and firmly held in the on button and it started! acted very slow like it was grumpy at being disturbed in its slumbers but did _finally_ load

My book was no longer selected and my last read place was no longer being saved for me but it worked!
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomereader View Post
Just as a follow up

The battery level went to two "bars" then after about 30 minutes the low battery warning came up, and poof the unit shut off (the free included batteries got down to fluctuating between zero and one bar before shut off)

I put in the ready to go recharged "B" set of batteries and firmly held in the on button and it started! acted very slow like it was grumpy at being disturbed in its slumbers but did _finally_ load

My book was no longer selected and my last read place was no longer being saved for me but it worked!
Not long after I popped my Eneloops into my JBL, the "charge meter" dropped to three bars. I not alarmed by this since prechargeables, such as the Eneloops, do not charge up to the full 1.5v of alkalines and there is a tiny, initial battery voltage drop during the first month, after which the rate of self discharge becomes almost nil. Since then, the "battery meter" has remained at three bars.

One advantage to the NiMH batteries is they do not develop a "memory" if not fully discharged before recharging them. The reason this is an advantage is one does not have to wait until the batteries completely run out before changing them out. I would suggest doing so when the first low battery warning pops up. Just make sure the book has been turned off first so settings will not be lost. Since pulling the batteries essentially causes a reset, it will be necessary to hold the on button until the display comes up (2-4 seconds). It will take awhile for the reset to finish.

Since the current set of batteires are still doing fine, I haven't had the opportunity yet of trying Ghosthawk's trick of hooking up the USB cable to a computer so there would be power on the JBL during the battery change, avoiding the hassle of waiting on a reset.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote