Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #46
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Check Kindle eBook DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Ok, here's a modified version which outputs the filename before the type. All I did was change line 207 of the script to include the filename. Maybe someone finds it useful.

(rename to "drmcheck.py" after downloading).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Beautiful. Thank You.

I'd give you some more karma but it won't let me.

Carol
Quote:
Still good enough for me. Thanks.

Carol
Yep, it's great! I'll karma ixtab as well!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #47
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
kindledrm.py gives a result like this:

DRM-free Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, A - Mark Twain.azw

Whereas drmcheck.py gives a result like this:

Mobipocket ebook, PalmDOC compression unencrypted.

So, I think you're using the latter rather than the former.
And karma to you too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #48
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And karma to you too.

Carol
Back at'cha!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #49
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Back at'cha!
Thanks

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #50
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, here's a modified version which outputs the filename before the type. All I did was change line 207 of the script to include the filename. Maybe someone finds it useful.

(rename to "drmcheck.py" after downloading).
I sure find it useful.

I've examined the output code in drmcheck and kindledrm for the purpose of modifying your version of drmcheck to not put a linefeed after each completed output. I cannot figure out what is causing the drmcheck to output a series of lines interspaced by a blank line (in order to use the command line loop we've been kicking around to create an ascii list). kindledrm's list creates a list w/o the extra linefeed, drmcheck includes a blank line every time it outputs the info of another file.

Do you see what needs to be done to alter that behavior?
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #51
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
I sure find it useful.

I've examined the output code in drmcheck and kindledrm for the purpose of modifying your version of drmcheck to not put a linefeed after each completed output. I cannot figure out what is causing the drmcheck to output a series of lines interspaced by a blank line (in order to use the command line loop we've been kicking around to create an ascii list). kindledrm's list creates a list w/o the extra linefeed, drmcheck includes a blank line every time it outputs the info of another file.

Do you see what needs to be done to alter that behavior?
Yupp

Remove the trailing newline at the "print" command. That should still be line 207. Simply delete the "\n" at the end of the double-quoted string. (I still don't understand why python appends newlines automatically, I consider that bad design, but... well, that's the way it seems to be).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #52
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yupp

Remove the trailing newline at the "print" command. That should still be line 207. Simply delete the "\n" at the end of the double-quoted string. (I still don't understand why python appends newlines automatically, I consider that bad design, but... well, that's the way it seems to be).
Hmmm....\n for newline, huh? Well, again, it works just beautifully for my needs.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #53
Big McLargeHuge
Enthusiast
Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None Currently
I'm glad this is working out for everyone haha, unfortunately i am not so lucky .

It picks up Python now that i correctly put it in the PATHS, so i don't think i installed Python incorrectly.
Big McLargeHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #54
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge View Post
I'm glad this is working out for everyone haha, unfortunately i am not so lucky
The way that PATH works is that commands (e.g. kindledrm) are detected if they are in a folder that is included in the PATH. This generally includes the current folder. So your first problem is that you should be in your "My Kindle Content" folder, with the ebooks and kindledrm.py. This actually makes the command line simpler:
Code:
cd "C:\Users\Big McLh\Documents\My Kindle Content"
kindledrm B000FC1HBY_EBOK.azw
I may have misspelled the folder or filename, I suggest copying the folder name from the address bar of the open folder (as in your window on the right) and pasting it into the command line via right click. For the filename you can press the tab key to complete the name once you have enough of the name to be unique.

Your next problem is that drmcheck.py isn't being detected as a Python command (it is listed as a TXT file). So something is wrong with it. I think this must be "drmcheck.py ", with a space at the end because "drmcheck.py" would be detected as a Python command (and show up with a blue and yellow icon). Rename the command so that it is detected as Python.

The foreach is now easier too, since all the files are in the current folder:
Code:
echo off
for %a in (*.azw) do kindledrm "%a"
echo on
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #55
Big McLargeHuge
Enthusiast
Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Big McLargeHuge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None Currently
Thanks a lot! It finally worked!
Big McLargeHuge is offline   Reply With Quote