Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Use the correct folder.

If it's c:\ebooks\, then use "c:\ebooks\*.*"; if it's c:\users\carol\my ebooks, then use "c:\users\carol\my ebooks\*.*", etc.

If the path contains spaces, don't forget to put quotes around it, as shown above.

Ah. and no, don't remove the for loop by yourself. It should look something like this:
Code:
C:\Users\Carol\DRM Check>for %a in ("c:\users\carol\my ebooks\*.*") do drmcheck.py "%a"

Last edited by ixtab; 03-14-2012 at 08:15 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #32
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Use the correct folder.

If it's c:\ebooks\, then use "c:\ebooks\*.*"; if it's c:\users\carol\my ebooks, then use "c:\users\carol\my ebooks\*.*", etc.

If the path contains spaces, don't forget to put quotes around it, as shown above.

Ah. and no, don't remove the for loop by yourself. It should look something like this:
Code:
C:\Users\Carol\DRM Check>for %a in ("c:\users\carol\my ebooks\*.*") do drmcheck.py "%a"
Thanks so much. That did it. Used
Code:
for %a in (c:\1_ebooks\*.*) do drmcheck.py "%a"
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #33
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Try this:
Code:
echo off
for %a in (c:\ebooks\*.*) do kindledrm "%a" >> out.txt
echo on
NOTE: I don't have windows, so I'm just guessing. It should work, but I can't guarantee it.
Thanks. Did this and it gives a list but does not give the name of the file. Here is the output.

Quote:
Mobipocket ebook, PalmDOC compression unencrypted.

Mobipocket ebook, PalmDOC compression encrypted with current encrytion method.

Mobipocket ebook, PalmDOC compression encrypted with current encrytion method.
Is there anyway to produce the names of the files.

Anyway, if not thanks for your help.

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Use the correct folder.

Code:

BTW. Karma to you

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #35
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On a system with a real shell it wouldn't be a problem, but with the horrible command-line on windows I don't think there is an easy way. Your easiest bet is probably to modify the drmcheck.py script to have it output the file name it was given as argument.

As said, I cannot test it here because I don't have Windows, sorry
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #36
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Check Kindle eBook DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks. Did this and it gives a list but does not give the name of the file. Here is the output.

Is there anyway to produce the names of the files.

Anyway, if not thanks for your help.

Carol
kindledrm.py gives a result like this:

DRM-free Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, A - Mark Twain.azw

Whereas drmcheck.py gives a result like this:

So, I think you're using the latter rather than the former.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #37
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
BTW. Karma to you

Carol
Thanks So I guess I have to work a bit for the money... Can you attach (or link) the drmcheck.py here? It's just one line of code to be added somewhere, I can do that for you if you give me the file.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #38
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
kindledrm.py gives a result like this:

DRM-free Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, A - Mark Twain.azw

Whereas drmcheck.py gives a result like this:

So, I think you're using the latter rather than the former.
Yes, thanks. I was using drmcheck.py. When I used kindledrm.py as you suggested I got the Amazon number of the book (not the name): B0060ET31M_EBOK.azw

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #39
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks So I guess I have to work a bit for the money... Can you attach (or link) the drmcheck.py here? It's just one line of code to be added somewhere, I can do that for you if you give me the file.
It's the file Paul linked to in post #3.

Here is the file if you want to play with it. But using kindledrm.py did the trick.

drmcheck.py.zip

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
ixtab
(offline)

Ok, here's a modified version which outputs the filename before the type. All I did was change line 207 of the script to include the filename. Maybe someone finds it useful.

(rename to "drmcheck.py" after downloading).
Attached Files
File Type: txt drmcheck.py.txt (6.9 KB, 309 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #41
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Check Kindle eBook DRM

Quote:
Yes, thanks. I was using drmcheck.py. When I used kindledrm.py as you suggested I got the Amazon number of the book (not the name): B0060ET31M_EBOK.azw

Carol
Yeah, it's getting the filneame not the metadata title field.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #42
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, here's a modified version which outputs the filename before the type. All I did was change line 207 of the script to include the filename. Maybe someone finds it useful.

(rename to "drmcheck.py" after downloading).
Beautiful. Thank You.

I'd give you some more karma but it won't let me.

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #43
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yeah, it's getting the filneame not the metadata title field.
Still good enough for me. Thanks.

Carol
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #44
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Carol
I'd bet that's "I think I love you" by Stephanie Bond.

If it is, then an easy way to check what a particular file is, without requiring any other tools, is to copy/paste the first part ("B0060ET31M" in this case) into Amazon's search box. It's the ASIN number uniquely identifying the book.

Of course, that method doesn't really scale if you have hundreds of books (in which case a tool that can display author and title would indeed make more sense), but for quickly checking what exactly one or two files are, it should do.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #45
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I'd bet that's "I think I love you" by Stephanie Bond.

If it is, then an easy way to check what a particular file is, without requiring any other tools, is to copy/paste the first part ("B0060ET31M" in this case) into Amazon's search box. It's the ASIN number uniquely identifying the book.

Of course, that method doesn't really scale if you have hundreds of books (in which case a tool that can display author and title would indeed make more sense), but for quickly checking what exactly one or two files are, it should do.
Yes it was Bond's book.

I always copy Amazon's ASIN # into Calibre when I add the book so I can tell by that. I will probably only be doing a few books at a time when I download them so shouldn't be a big problem.

Thanks again for all your help.

Carol