Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Hi from Melbourne.

Hi I'm Sarah, mum of three beatiful kids (7, 5, and 3) in Melbourne, Australia.

I found this wonderful site while searching for an app to allow me to read fanfiction on an iPhone. I'm trying to decide whether I want an iPhone or not (I really dislike iTunes and was holding out for a Windows alternative) and now that I know there are e-reader apps, I am leaning more toward the Yes part of my decision.

If anyone uses an iPhone for this purpose, I'd love a screenshot or photo of what I can expect. My husband loaded Stanza on his iPhone for me this morning to see what a normal reader app looked like and it was wonderful! Much better than the incredibly tiny font I was trying to read in Safari on his iPhone the other day.

Thanks for any help you can provide
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, IndecisiveMe

Are you sure you don't want a dedicated ebook reader?
Anyway.....enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Are you sure you don't want a dedicated ebook reader?
No, I'm not sure! I have a feeling the screen size of the iPhone is going to be a smaller than I want. Of all the ebook readers I've researched the one I'd want is the PocketBook 360, which is not available here (Australia).
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi IndecisiveMe and welcome to MobileRead. I read on my iPhone often but much prefer eInk devices. I've had a Sony 505 for two years and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Hello. I have an iPhone but I do not read that much on it.

Anyway, Welcome to MobileRead!

Last edited by carlobee; 01-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Indecisive. There's been a huge and welcome influx of new members from Oz recently. Which is fair dinkum. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
.. new members from Oz recently. Which is fair dinkum. Neil

No need to insult them Neil!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Hello and welcome!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Thanks for the welcome
Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome!

I read on my iPhone occasionally, but have to say I far prefer using the Sony
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
Redimech
Nameless Being

I occasionally read on the iPhone, but as other's have said, nothing beats eInk. In fact, maybe the much rumored tablet/slate from Apple may be the best of both worlds? Who knows...???
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
welcome to the site

If you havent yet, check out this forum on the site:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170

all about iphones.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #14
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Sheesh ... I'm doing a mental count of Melbourne based members here. I think we're just about ready to take over.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 AM   #15
IndecisiveMe
Addict

I never did update, did I? I gave in an got an iPhone, I figured it's a phone, games, apps, everything but the kitchen sink type of thing. I'll be capable of reading with it when I'm away from my laptop, which is where I'm reading most these days. I'm a stay home mum for the next couple of years, so at the moment I'm pretty much just reading at home.

When I go back to work, I might be forced to get an e-reader and hopefully by that stage Australia will have a bigger range, and dare I read a colour screen.

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions, this site really opened my eyes! I'll be sticking around