Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Question Really confused about Calibre Email to Kindle

Hi'
I just recently got my new Kindle DX, and all is well, but I can't make heads or tails of the Calibre email to Kindle stuff.
I guess this comes in two parts: scenario/rationale; and technical implementation details. As to scenario: at first blush the documentation asks for 2 email addresses: a destination, and a sender. This mimics what Amazon wants on their "manage my Kindle" page. So I assume destination should be xxx@kindle.com (or xxx@free.kindle.com to avoid whispernet charges). Sender address would be xxx@msn.com which is registered with Amazon as legal to send email to xxx@kindle.com. So great, Calibre is providing conversion and then will send doc to Amazon.com who will send it to my Kindle via whispernet ...NOT! Amazon rejects Calibre's email as spam. So then my question is what use is Calibre's email facility, if I can't get it to interface with Amazon's whispernet? In short what is the scenario you are trying to support? If my kindle is tethered to my PC, then I don't need email -- Calibre will drop it into the Kindle directly very nicely thank you very much. If I'm not tethered, then only way to get it is via whispernet yes? Or do you envision some clumsy browsing for email using Kindle's browser (which really rots), and then what?
As to using Gmail...NO! I already have too many email accounts -- I don't need another one. I have an msn.com (hotmail) account that I would prefer to use, but how? Hotmail/msn mail is basically http mail not POP3 (although they say they support POP3 I've never gotten it to work). Again, if you are going to send me email to my account (not kindle's) what use is that -- what's the scenario? Do you support http mail? or just SMTP? Does anyone know what the hotmail pop3 server names and ports are? Please help! thank you.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
This is problem with hotmail,more providers reject hotmail as spam.
POP3 support is only for premium account.
This is not official settings not only for MSN
http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/t...-settings.html
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
thanks for reply on settings. Why should amazon reject xxx.msn.com as sender as that is the account I use to buy stuff from Amazon, and is also the account registered with amazon as legal to send to my kindle? There's something else going on; if I personally email to Amazon it works, when Calibre emails, it gets rejected.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have no issue emailing to my kindle from calibre from my gmail address. I just don't do it because amazon charges the fee.

have you tried sending the email directly from your msn account to your kindle (with the file attached) and seeing if it still rejects it?
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote