Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

"On The Road" with the edge.

We spent the day, over six hours, at Wannadoo city with the daughter, and the edge got a heck of a workout. Usage was about 15 to 20 on while she was in an activity and then about the same period suspended. Over and over again. The edge performed like a champ. It recovered from its suspended state each time and automatically reconnected to the park's wifi. At the end of the day it had about 50% charge left.

I also probably sold a dozen edges to curious passersby. In spite of the opinion of engadget all the people who stopped to look at my edge thought it better conceived than the iPad. Especially considering the price. The most interesting features varied by person:
Some people were interested in book formats and stores.
Some liked the fact it ran android (they were all using android pones.)
DocsToGo was a great feature for one person I talked to.
The dual-screen concept was the cool factor for most everyone.
(One woman kept insisting to her friend it was an iPad and I had to keep correcting her. After only a couple months of marketing Apple has some people believing everything that is a tablet is from Apple.)

Last edited by kenjennings; 06-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.