Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
New Txtz - couple of things.

user_none,
Firstly, the images are now included (when added to txtz), when converted.
The new paragraph style - off , works perfectly.

Now, my problem, how does the new txt import to txtz work, I've tried several image links in txt file, both markdown and textile, but none get picked up, and the file stays as txt only - (no zipping, image collection).

What sort of markup does the feature require?

I tried several ways of linking them ...
Code:
markdown
![alt text](00003.jpg "Title")

![alt text](Images/00004.jpg "Title")

![alt text](/Images/00004.jpg "Title")

Textile
!E:/_BOOKS/Images/00003.jpg!

!E:/_BOOKS/Images/00004.jpg!

!00003.jpg!

!Images/00004.jpg!
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

I think I've solved it, One of the relative images wasn't accesible from where I was importing from, when I copied the images to be in place in correct folders, the import worked fine.
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'm glad to hear its working well.

It will only add the images with the import plugin and create a TXTZ if the images are relative and accessible at the specified location. Absolute path referenced images are not included because there is no way to do so.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Perkin
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm glad to hear its working well.

It will only add the images with the import plugin and create a TXTZ if the images are relative and accessible at the specified location. Absolute path referenced images are not included because there is no way to do so.
Works very well.

I found out about just relative images, through testing. Just need to be sure what's possible.

The only thing that doesn't work now is the problem discussed previously about escaped styled markup, when for example you want some bold/italicised text inside other text or too near to a quote mark. - I'm just using a html tag for those instances.
(thankfully they're very rare)

Very happy with all your work on this.
Thanks

Edit:
I need to spread karma around, before you get some.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I found out about just relative images, through testing. Just need to be sure what's possible.
The plugin looks through the text and collects all image references. Markdown reference and inline (regex might need tweaking) is supported as well as Textile.

The collected image reference are checked and if all are true will be included in the archive:
  • Path must not be empty.
  • Path must be a relative path.
  • The mimetype of the image (based on extension) must be an OEB supported image type. (JPG, PNG, SVG, GIF).
  • The image must exist relative to the TXT file's location and the location specified by the path.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
Perkin
Guru

Thanks for info.