Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
schroedercl2
Enthusiast
schroedercl2 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Smile The Secret Recipe for Creating a Romance Book

Whether you've been writing for years, or just love reading and have decided to make the move to writing, romance novels are fun to write.
So to learn how to write them, in the form of a recipe, click here.
schroedercl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Ha, ha. As a romance reader, I can tell if you write a book according to that recipe, I will probably read it! Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Hope it makes some people to get over the whole romance category and switch to something worth their limited time.

Edit: By whole, I mean all those obvious works that fit the mentioned description tightly and aim for nothing but market.

Last edited by dioib; 01-21-2010 at 01:59 PM.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Hope it makes some people to get over the whole romance category and switch to something worth their limited time.

Edit: By whole, I mean all those obvious works that fit the mentioned description tightly and aim for nothing but market.
I'm sure you didn't mean to say people shouldn't read these types of books. There are a lot of us who have ereaders precisely because we didn't want people to make judgements about what we read.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'm sure you didn't mean to say people shouldn't read these types of books. There are a lot of us who have ereaders precisely because we didn't want people to make judgements about what we read.
Well, if you mean the very special description that is given above and asking for my personal opinion, then yes, I think people could make much better use of their time by switching to something that instead of welling up their emotions for the sole purpose of making others financially benefit, could make'em think and grow (as they approach, little by little, the end of their lives).

As for people judging about my personal affairs, I always keep in mind the fact that every judgment is a personal opinion that might be true (although one can talk lifetimes about "truth" and find themselves nowhere).
Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
... I think people could make much better use of their time...
But why spend your time fretting about what other people are doing?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
dioib
∂₪≈☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
But why spend your time fretting about what other people are doing?
How about concepts like greater good, collective understanding and so on?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedercl2 View Post
Whether you've been writing for years, or just love reading and have decided to make the move to writing, romance novels are fun to write.
So to learn how to write them, in the form of a recipe, click here.
You mean you don't have the romance generator? You just fill in the details like a Mad-Lib and you get a romance novel.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-21-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
How about concepts like greater good, collective understanding and so on?
Here's a couple of concepts I quite like:

Respecting other people's preferences.
Being patronising towards people is not an admirable character trait.

How can it possibly bother you what other people like to read? Romance is definitely not my thing either, but if other people do enjoy it, then how can I criticise it?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Well, if you mean the very special description that is given above and asking for my personal opinion, then yes, I think people could make much better use of their time by switching to something that instead of welling up their emotions for the sole purpose of making others financially benefit, could make'em think and grow (as they approach, little by little, the end of their lives).

As for people judging about my personal affairs, I always keep in mind the fact that every judgment is a personal opinion that might be true (although one can talk lifetimes about "truth" and find themselves nowhere).
I will respectfully disagree. As a whole, about half the books that I read are romance. I enjoy them because they are uplifting and enjoyable. And I'd like to point out that romance novels assisted me in getting a kick ass score on the verbal section of the GREs (true story).

If I'm not reading romance, I'm reading anything from Agatha Christie and other murder mysteries, "classics," history books, pretty much everything under the sun. I've read lots and lots of books, but I still love my romance. I don't see why this is a problem. Who cares what people read, as long as they are reading and enjoy it?

And I'm not sure what you mean by welling up my emotions for someone else's financial benefit?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You mean you don't have the romance generator? You just fill in the details like a Mad-Lib and you get a romance novel.
Do you know when to shut your mouth? Seriously, at least the other poster is slightly respectful. You continue to mock others for something you know nothing about. It's really starting to piss me off. I mentioned it to you the last time you said something, and you ignored me. No one here makes fun of the books you read. Why do you feel so exempt that you can? And don't think it's because what you read is any better. I've seen your bookshelf, it's not all high literature.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Good stuff.....and funny....

You could just as easy make recipes for other genres as well. Really most books follow the same formulas over and over. I have recently got into reading westerns.... I normally read mostly fantasy.... funny thing is, they are really the same. Different backdrops, but really the same. The same could be said for science fiction, mystery...etc.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Greater collective good? I read law books all day long. You mean I have to read them for 12 hours a day, and on my short commute home, I have to make better use of my time? Frankly, the older I get, the more interest I have in pleasing myself, and not worrying about what other people think.

I used to watch soap operas in between my classes at Harvard Law School, also.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Here's a couple of concepts I quite like:

Respecting other people's preferences.
Being patronising towards people is not an admirable character trait.

How can it possibly bother you what other people like to read? Romance is definitely not my thing either, but if other people do enjoy it, then how can I criticise it?
Well put!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
dioib
∂₪≈☼

I think on the individual scale, everything can be downgraded to matters of personal preference, and there, every lifestyle -modulo certain social constraints, of course- is equally respectable. The same applies to opinions, if I comment on something, it is all a reflection of my (current) personal mindset about it; I express my opinion on a matter but don't necessarily expect that you change yours accordingly.

Tags
ebooks, romance, romance novels