Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #1801
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
I have never got a voucher code to work. I just purchased a Lisa Gardner book and there was no place to even try. Only the gift voucher box and store credit box. When I have been able to try in the past I get a message about the book not being available for discounts. I usually buy fiction, they are not always new or best sellers.
If the 'promo code' box doesn't come up, then it's an agency-priced book. GOAT better explains it on the first page of this thread but I copied it here:

NOTE 2: You do have to make sure that you are buying a non-agency book. E-books that are non-agency generally include:
- e-books with two prices listed (ie. "List Price" and "Our Price")
- e-books that end in something other than ".99" (ie. $9.91, $5.57, etc.)
- most graphic novels
- most "Just for Kobo Vox" books
- most very inexpensive e-books (ie. $0.95 to $2.99)
- e-books by very small/niche publishers.
A list of non-agency publishers is provided in this post
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #1802
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
I have never got a voucher code to work. I just purchased a Lisa Gardner book and there was no place to even try. Only the gift voucher box and store credit box. When I have been able to try in the past I get a message about the book not being available for discounts. I usually buy fiction, they are not always new or best sellers.
The promo code box should fall under the redeem any gift cards heading, provided that the book is eligible. I did a brief tutorial for using Kobo coupon codes, since most people in South Africa didn't even know it was an option!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #1803
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
With Macmillan settling with the US DOJ, voucher codes should start working with more ebooks in a few days.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #1804
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Ahh thank you both. The 'whys' are much clearer now :-)
It seems I do manage to always buy the wrong books! I failed with 2 more this evening!
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #1805
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
With Macmillan settling with the US DOJ, voucher codes should start working with more ebooks in a few days.
*crossing fingers*
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #1806
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Just because the other publishers settled, it didn't make codes start working with their books, so I doubt they'll start working with Macmillan titles either.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #1807
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just because the other publishers settled, it didn't make codes start working with their books, so I doubt they'll start working with Macmillan titles either.
Unfortunately this is true. Books on Board seems to be only place discounting Previously Agency books past a few cents.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #1808
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Unfortunately this is true. Books on Board seems to be only place discounting Previously Agency books past a few cents.
Yes, and even there it's a separate deal. Their codes and reward dollars don't work with former Agency stuff.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1809
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. It seems none of the settling publishers have become promo code eligible at Kobo or BoB.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #1810
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yes, and even there it's a separate deal. Their codes and reward dollars don't work with former Agency stuff.
True but the 30% off this week on Hachette and S&S books has been nice. I picked up a few titles that would of been alot more with it. I can only hope Kobo starts discounting but seeing they are in Canada and the Lawsuit in here in the U.S. I don't see it happening.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #1811
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The Australian newspaper is having an ebook giveway again. Seven books this time.

I've started a separate thread for this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205283
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1812
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have had no problems using discount codes for Macmillan books in New Zealand. Is is only in the US that they don't work?

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-08-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #1813
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
OK that is interesting. I tried to buy "Gardens of the Moon" by Steven Erikson, published by Tom Doherty Associates. With a NZ address the price is $NZ 7.99 (about $US 6.75) and I get a box to enter a promo code. With a US address the price is $US 7.99 and there is nowhere to enter a promo code.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #1814
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
That's what I'm thinking. It seems none of the settling publishers have become promo code eligible at Kobo or BoB.
Oh! Sorry for raising people's hopes. I hadn't realised.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #1815
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I keep waiting for the prices to go down for the settling publishers' books on Sony, B&N, Kobo, or BooksOnBoard, but it still hasn't happened. I have a few books I'd like to buy, but I guess I'm boycotting them until I see some price changes/coupons/etc.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals