Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?
LCD Tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo Arc, Nexus 7, Nook Tab, etc) 47 28.83%
Non-LCD eReader (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc) 33 20.25%
Smartphone (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc) 19 11.66%
Media Player (Galaxy Player, iPod touch, etc) 7 4.29%
MP3 Player (Cowon, iPod nano, Sansa Clip, Sony etc) 6 3.68%
Computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, ultrabook, etc) 24 14.72%
Other (please specify) 10 6.13%
No new gadgets for me this holiday season 60 36.81%
Not interested in this thread, but love to vote in polls 9 5.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have several gift purchases planned, probably multiples of everything but the Kobo Glo:
Sony PRS -T2
Kobo Mini
Kobo Glo
iPod Nano
iPad Mini
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #32
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Had it been a list of gadgets I wish to purchase, I would have said the Eink phone or dual screen 5 inch (LCD and Eink on each side). Such a device will replace my current smartphone and ereader (possibly even the tablet). Offcourse its not in the market yet, so, maybe next year around this time.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Had it been a list of gadgets I wish to purchase, I would have said the Eink phone or dual screen 5 inch (LCD and Eink on each side). Such a device will replace my current smartphone and ereader (possibly even the tablet). Offcourse its not in the market yet, so, maybe next year around this time.
I'd love to have a 5" eink ereader with a flexible display the size of the Galaxy Player 5. I'd also want it to have a touch interface, WiFi, mSD, web browser, audio player, loud speakers, and access to Google Play. It would make a great ebook, audiobook, and net radio device.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #34
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I don't plan to buy any gadgets for myself.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-22-2014 at 02:09 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'd love to have a 5" eink ereader with a flexible display the size of the Galaxy Player 5. I'd also want it to have a touch interface, WiFi, mSD, web browser, audio player, loud speakers, and access to Google Play. It would make a great ebook, audiobook, and net radio device.
The only way at moment is go DIY way
Any electrical and manufacturing engineers here?
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #36
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well Santa Claus came early this year, I already got my Kobo Glo so I don't think I'll be treating myself with anything else in the coming weeks.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just bought a Kobo Mini, I bough and iPhone 4S and an ASUS ultrabook last year, my desktop two years ago and an iPad on June, so I think none goes this year (Camera either, Panasonic TZ-10 two years ago...)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #38
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm gonna go nuts and buy a Roku.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm gonna go nuts and buy a Roku.
Hope you enjoy yours. I love mine! They just added (within the last few days) a search feature that searches across content "channels". If you haven't already, bookmark Roku Private Channels Directory. Not that there aren't enough "official" Roku channels to keep you busy, but it's always good to have more options!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #40
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Does an electric toothbrush (Braun Oral B) count as a gadget? That's the only one I can think of that I'll be getting anytime soon.
But you never know what might jump in front of me yelling "buy me, buy me!"...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Have you considered an iPod touch or Galaxy Player? There are tons of free and low cost games for these devices. Feeding handheld gaming devices is very expensive by comparison.

Not trying to talk you out of it. Just giving you something else to consider. I suggested the iPod touch to a few friends who were considering Nintendos for their kids. They went with the iPods and are glad they did; considering its versatility and low cost appetite.
She has an iPod Touch. And a Nook Tablet with an N2A card. She wants the DSI XL as well. She doesn't even play games that much so it seems pointless, which is part of why I'm unsure she'll get it. When I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, that was all she mentioned, but I imagine I'll hear other things before then.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
My daughters, 6 & 9, enjoy both their Nook Color + n2a and their DSi XL. The NC is much more versatile, but they wouldn't want to give up the DSi XL. I got it for them a couple years ago.

We have 2 Rokus. We love them. One for the girls room, one for the boys room. We borrow them when we want to.

Last edited by booklover6; 10-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #43
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
We had a DS Lite that we've had for ages, but it broke, so it isn't like it would be a brand new thing to her. But she didn't use the DS Lite all that much, so I wonder how much she'd use the other.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Hope you enjoy yours. I love mine! They just added (within the last few days) a search feature that searches across content "channels". If you haven't already, bookmark Roku Private Channels Directory. Not that there aren't enough "official" Roku channels to keep you busy, but it's always good to have more options!
Thanks for tip. I'm sure I'll love it.
Anything's gotta be better than using the Wii's remote for Netflix ... and Netflix is frankly all I use the Wii for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
I think it's the kobo arc for me because I want a tab smaller than my iPad and would like a new ereader. I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone😄
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote