Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
What kind of USB cable does it use?

The USB cable that comes with the 650 is too long for me, so before I order (online) a shorter one, what kind of cable do I need?

I'm pretty sure it is USB Type A Male to USB Micro B Male, but I have not been able find any definitive information. Does any one know?

Karma awaits.

Thanks

Last edited by ShellShock; 09-19-2010 at 07:47 AM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
iptech
iptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-600
USB A to Micro B Data Cable

These use the same cable that's used for many mobile phones now, search for a Blackberry data cable to get loads of options. I'm using one of the cables that I bought for my HTC HD2 smartphone, but it was listed as being for a Blackberry phone.

HTH
iptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
LOL . I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who is annoyed by over-long cables. The Kindle 3 is supplied with a 2m micro-USB cable, too. It's just way too long - it trails on the floor, and gets in the way. A 1m cable would be more than sufficient.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
iptech
iptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-600
I haven't even unpacked the cable from my PRS-650, I just plugged in the cable for my phone and it all worked OK. I noticed from my PRS-600 that the Sony supplied cables are quite stiff and seem to have a mind of their own!
iptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I'm going to get one of these USB Mini B to Micro B Adapter. This will mean I can use the same cable for both my PRS 505 and 650, and just plug in the adapter for the 650.

Now, is it possible to get an adapter for the power? This would be a barrel/round shaped female socket to USB Micro B.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert