Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
RedSox09
RedSox09 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
*Two Books with Similar Names, only ONE Available!*

I've purchased two ebooks for school;

#1 Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, by Frederick Douglass

#2 SparNote: Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (which is just summaries & key points, etc.)

I purchased book #1 on 01/04 & was able to open it & read it perfectly. However, on 01/07 I purchased book #2 & when I opened it, it looks flawless. BUT, here's the problem, when I went to open book #1 it opened book #2, I thought I made a mistake so I made sure to select #1, but same thing (#2 opened instead).

I noticed that when downloaded to my computer... surprise surprise with all the abbreviations.... the two ebooks save with the same exact name :smileymad:

Fred_Narrative_of_the_Life_.pdb

So book #2 took over & its the only one I can access through my nook. This is frustrating. Archiving the books won't solve the issue, I'd need to delete one, meaning THROWING AWAY the money I just spent.

Please if you have any solutions, or even suggestions, fee; free to share. I really need these two books right now & I spent money on them.

Thanks in advanced
RedSox09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
RedSox09

Bump >.>
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello RedSox09, welcome to MobileRead.

The issue is known and was already discussed here. Inform B&N about the issue and re-download the ebooks when they tell you that they have renamed the eBooks.

PS: Please don't post in RED. It's very unusual to do so when asking for help. And stop bumping the thread!
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
RedSox09

I'm sorry, I was about to edit & change the color, it is uneasy on the eyes.
I confess I didn't read any forum rules as I was in a bit of a hurry to solve the issue. Sorry once again.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox09 View Post
I'm sorry, I was about to edit & change the color, it is uneasy on the eyes.
I confess I didn't read any forum rules as I was in a bit of a hurry to solve the issue. Sorry once again.
No problem. You are welcome here - even with a first post in big red letters.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, redsox, and let us know when your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

We like to keep up on customer service of different companies!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
RedSox09

Thanks!! =]

I'm on the phone with B&N, I've been transferred about 3 times, I'll definitely write the solution if they give me one soon =]

EDIT:
24:43 minutes later... still in hold. O_O

Last edited by RedSox09; 01-07-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
MarkScheuern
MarkScheuern began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I ordered a nook and I'm really looking forward to getting it, but I'm a bit surprised that the need to to have unique identifiers embedded in the filenames apparently didn't occur to them. That's pretty unimpressive.
MarkScheuern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
RedSox09

Wow, has anyone had any good experiences with the Customer Service? It's been 50 minutes & I'm still on hold after being transferred O_O
Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
RedSox09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkScheuern View Post
I ordered a nook and I'm really looking forward to getting it, but I'm a bit surprised that the need to to have unique identifiers embedded in the filenames apparently didn't occur to them. That's pretty unimpressive.
Tell me about it -_-, you can go around it by downloading ebooks to the computer, & uploading them to My Documents, like you would with other pdfs & documents that weren't from B&N. But that defeats the points of spending the extra cash in B&N instead of say like eBay. I'm so frustrated. Almost an hour on hold. This is ridiculous lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
This isn't the first time I've heard of this. The other person got their issue resolved (and they changed the file name so it didn't happen again).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
RedSox09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
This isn't the first time I've heard of this. The other person got their issue resolved (and they changed the file name so it didn't happen again).
I read that other thread. But simply renaming the file yourself doesn't work, as it goes back to the original. From what I understand B&N was the one that renamed the files.

I was on hold for more than an hour with B&N Customer Service, my phone died after 1 hour & 37 minutes. I'll retry my luck tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox09 View Post
I read that other thread. But simply renaming the file yourself doesn't work, as it goes back to the original. From what I understand B&N was the one that renamed the files.

I was on hold for more than an hour with B&N Customer Service, my phone died after 1 hour & 37 minutes. I'll retry my luck tomorrow.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant that B&N changed the name.

Hope you get this resolved soon!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
RedSox09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant that B&N changed the name.

Hope you get this resolved soon!
Thanks! New day, retrying my luck. So far it's been 23 minutes, I can tell you I know the order of their hold music playlist by heart now xD

I love my nook, & like anything new, there's always room for mistakes as well as improvements. I just wished they had foreseen this & prepared themselves with better Customer Support.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
RedSox09

Just updating, again.
Called Customer Service, again.
Was transferred to the Digital Support Department, again.
Machine told me they were experiencing longer than usual waiting times, again.
Elevator music started playing, again.
New elevator music started playing, again.
Machine told me if I needed to register my nook I had to have a B&N account, again.
Elevator music started playing, again.
Elevator music started to get cut off, again.
Machine told me they were experiencing longer than usual waiting times, again.
New elevator music started playing, again.
More than an hour passed, again.
No answer, again.
I need to move on with my life for the day/night, again.

Hmmmm I'm starting to see a pattern here.