Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
de-authorize and re-authorize sony software

i am currently experiencing a problem with the sony software. every button i press on the left hand side (except audio) states:

Unable to locate the file. This item has been moved, renamed, or deleted

i did move my books to another folder specifically for sony books, dumb, i know.

i was going to uninstall the program but my laptop warned me to de-authorize my computer before i proceed.

1. if i de-authorize my pc, can i re-authorize it after a re-install (as well as my 505)?

2. should i place my books back into its original folder and everything will be okay? and what folder was it because i cant remember?

Last edited by willanaya; 12-10-2009 at 06:09 PM.
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
willanaya
Enthusiast

anyone?
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I don't suggest de-authorizing. Can you move the books back?

I don't use the Sony software at all, so I'm not sure how to deal with problems with it--but at worst, you should be able to reload the books into it; the problem should just be that the database is looking in a location that's now empty.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Sorry, Elfwreck, but I'd suggest deauthorizing, uninstalling then reinstalling and reauthorizing - it's not a one-time deal to authorize anything - the problem comes if you uninstall without unauthorizing.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Will unauthorizing make the current books unreadable?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
willanaya
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Sorry, Elfwreck, but I'd suggest deauthorizing, uninstalling then reinstalling and reauthorizing - it's not a one-time deal to authorize anything - the problem comes if you uninstall without unauthorizing.
i am thinking along the lines of Elfwreck too. can i redownload my books? now that the bookstore is changing format, do i lose everything?

i guess if i did it would not be so bad, i have my books backed up in three different locations.

and thank you both for replying.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Delete all the book entries in Ebook Library because the file path is no longer accurate because you've moved the books somewhere else.
Then try using the file menu to reimport your books from the new location that you moved them to. (Click on File/import folder to reimport them en masse.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote