Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
GeekyGirl
GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GeekyGirl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet 16 GB
Migrating data from one Mac to a new one

Sorry if I've posted this to the wrong part of the forum. Please feel free to move it if it is more appropriate somewhere else.

I have a Nook synced to calibre on a 2010 MacBook Pro. I've sold that machine to a friend and am now using a 2011 MacBook Air and 2011 Mac mini. I want to install calibre on one of the newer machines but I am trying to find out the easiest way to do it. And another concern that I have is that, since I have books synced to the Nook via the original MBP, do I need to uninstall them from the Nook first, i.e. if I try to connect the Nook to the new computer, will it know that the books on it are in fact calibre books that could be uninstalled on Nook via the new computer?

I'd rather not uninstall the books stored on the Nook if I don't have to as I have many highlights and annotations in some of them. But I'm also trying to minimize any future headaches.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

GG
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, migrate, migration, reinstall