Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #1906
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Indeed, the 4$ offer seems to have been a special price for some time that I stumbled on out of sheer luck, now the price has increased quite a bit in Germany as well.

BUT ... the "Midnight Riot" edition (US title of "Rivers of London") seems to be more sensibly priced in the Kindle edition.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #1907
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool stuff...Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Indeed, the 4$ offer seems to have been a special price for some time that I stumbled on out of sheer luck, now the price has increased quite a bit in Germany as well.

BUT ... the "Midnight Riot" edition (US title of "Rivers of London") seems to be more sensibly priced in the Kindle edition.

Best regards,
Andy
It's $7.99 at Amazon U.S.A. and is under the title, Midnight Riot.

On another note, has anybody seen the listing for Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) at ? Here's the blurb that goes with it:

Quote:
It's a heist. Dresden has to participate. Everyone is planning to screw everyone else. But when and how?

Expected publication: December 3rd 2013 by Roc.
hmmm...

Last edited by alansplace; 04-18-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: oops...
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1908
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
On another note, has anybody seen the listing for Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) at ? Here's the blurb that goes with it:

hmmm...

That reminds me....

229 DAYS!!!!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1909
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a heist. Dresden has to participate. Everyone is planning to screw everyone else. But when and how?

Expected publication: December 3rd 2013 by Roc.
Was this posted by the publisher? I've never been to Goodreads so not sure what I was looking at .
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #1910
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool it's a link

Quote:
...On another note, has anybody seen the listing for Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) at ?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Was this posted by the publisher? I've never been to Goodreads so not sure what I was looking at .
In the partial quote at the top of this post the book title, Skin Game, is underlined, that is a link, mouse-click it, you're there.

If I was wrong about what you were asking, then I apologize and leave the following answer; No, that entry was not posted by a publisher. It was likely posted by a user of GoodReads.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1911
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
In the partial quote at the top of this post the book title, Skin Game, is underlined, that is a link, mouse-click it, you're there.

If I was wrong about what you were asking, then I apologize and leave the following answer; No, that entry was not posted by a publisher. It was likely posted by a user of GoodReads.

The bold was what I was after. Thanks Alan! Gotta spread my karma around before giving it to you again I hate when that happens.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #1912
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool NovelsAlive.TV Interviews Bestselling Author, Jim Butcher

Oct 20, 2010

On the last day of the RT Convention, NovelsAlive.TV's Dayna Linton, spent a few moments with the MEGA popular bestselling author of the Dresden Files, Jim Butcher.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #1913
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I started reading Fated by Benedict Jacka. I am only on chapter 3 but I am loving it so far.

My favourite part so far is:

Spoiler:
If there's one thing all diviners share, it's curiosity. We really can't help it; it's just part of who we are. (here is the best part) If you dug a tunnel somewhere in the wilderness a thousand miles from anywhere and hung a sign on it saying, Warning, this leads to the Temple of Horrendous Doom. Do not enter, ever. No, not even then, you'd get back from lunch to find a diviner already inside and two more about to go in.

I can picture this so clearly in my mind. I love it when an author can do that.

Last edited by red_phoenix; 04-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #1914
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Indeed, I also really, really liked "Fated".

And "Cursed".

And ... "Taken" ... as far as I am with it.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #1915
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Oct 20, 2010

On the last day of the RT Convention, NovelsAlive.TV's Dayna Linton, spent a few moments with the MEGA popular bestselling author of the Dresden Files, Jim Butcher.

PainKiller Jane .... yeah there was a Syfy channel mega-hit...

I can't believe they cancelled Dresden Files for that dreck, but then I hardly understand anything Syfy does.

Also, I read the sample of Fated. It was excellent. I'll be picking up the series on payday
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #1916
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
The bold was what I was after. Thanks Alan!...
You're quite welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I started ready Fated by Benedict Jacka. I am only on chapter 3 but I am loving it so far.

My favourite part so far is:

Spoiler:
If there's one thing all diviners share, it's curiosity. We really can't help it; it's just part of who we are. (here is the best part) If you dug a tunnel somewhere in the wilderness a thousand miles from anywhere and hung a sign on it saying, Warning, this leads to the Temple of Horrendous Doom. Do not enter, ever. No, not even then, you'd get back from lunch to find a diviner already inside and two more about to go in.

I can picture this so clearly in my mind. I love it when an author can do that.
That's a good one all right. And yes, he's certainly a very skilled writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Indeed, I also really, really liked "Fated".

And "Cursed".

And ... "Taken" ... as far as I am with it.

Best regards,
Andy
Yeah, Taken's the next one for me...then waiting for the new one to be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
PainKiller Jane .... yeah there was a Syfy channel mega-hit...

I can't believe they cancelled Dresden Files for that dreck, but then I hardly understand anything Syfy does.

Also, I read the sample of Fated. It was excellent. I'll be picking up the series on payday
I didn't watch that after the first one either!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #1917
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool 2013 Convention Appearances, part 2

Quoted from jim-butcher.com.
Quote:
Apr 19, 2013 - 2013 Convention Appearances, part 2

Jim has added a number of events to his schedule! With the exception of one more con event we can’t announce yet, here’s what the rest of his 2013 looks like:

MisCon 2013
Missoula, MT
May 24-27, 2013
“MisCon is a four-day celebration of literacy and the arts within the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres. Held each Memorial Day weekend (Friday through Monday), MisCon has something to fascinate, educate, and entertain you at all times.”

Space City Con
Houston, TX
August 2-4, 2013
“Space City Con is an all-ages festival of comics, sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, literature, and art, in the spirit of Houston, Texas! Envisioned as a “geek festival with free parking,” our goal is to put on the best convention possible for current generations of fans, and instill a love of comics, Sci-fi and fantasy in the next generation. It was founded in 2012, and with only 5 months to prepare, the event drew nearly 2000 unique individuals, most of whom attended all weekend.”

Dragon*Con
Atlanta, GA
August 30 – September 2, 2013

WyrdCon
Costa Mesa, CA
September 12-15, 2013

Encounters 2013
Wichita, KS
October 11-13, 2013
Encounters’ FB Page

We also have the following announcement from WyrdCon:
Quote:
The Wyrd Con Kickstarter is in it’s final countdown and they’ve recently expanded their offerings, even bringing out an option to earn every aspect of the Kickstarter including a lunch with Jim himself!

Check out the Kickstarter, each contribution helps improve the world of Storytelling, a portion of the proceeds will even benefit Jim’s favorite charity, the Missouri Pit Bull fund!

There is even still an opportunity to play a game live with Jim with a Steward badge. Give Wyrd Con a shot a try the live version of storytelling for yourself!

Join us at Wyrd Con IV in Southern California on September 12th – 15th!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #1918
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Bob's Top 20 moments in The Dresden Files May 4, 2011

Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #1919
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Dice Announced & RPG debuts on Kindle and Nook

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Quote:
Apr 23, 2013 - Dresden Dice Announced & RPG debuts on Kindle and Nook

The folks over at Evil Hat Productions, publishers of the award-winning Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, are running a Kickstarter campaign to produce a line of “Fate Dice” (also known as Fudge Dice) for use with the Dresden Files RPG as well as other games using the Fate system. And just last night, they announced the addition of a Dresden Files themed Winter Knight dice set! We’re sharing an image of the four sets they’ve announced so far at the bottom of this post, and you can learn more at the project page.

But that’s not all that’s coming out from the guys at Evil Hat. They’ve just released the Kindle (.mobi) and Nook (.epub) friendly formats of the Dresden Files RPG as well, and at a low price too so you can get a copy that works on your tablet-of-choice. You can pick both volumes in ebook formats at their web-store, on DriveThruRPG, at Amazon, or at Barnes & Noble.

Good gaming, folks!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-23-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: oops
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #1920
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Does it have AAA Wizardry? I have been unable to find it ANYWHERE!! It's the only Dresden Files story I haven't read.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy