Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
Pocket Edge uses

just came across my PE from storage after some time. can anyone give me some ideas of some uses for PE. I have ermine update on it and is rooted, but what apps can I use with this tablet. I would like to start using this on a daily basis, but just cant find apps or tools that i can use on this tablet. thanks.
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Have you checked out the Sticky's at the top of this forum?

In my Resource Sticky I detail several excellent Apps that will work with your device and where to go to get them. The Apps section of the Sticky is arranged alphabetically.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

In the beginning of the post I have a "What Can You Do With Your eDGe?" section with links to some of the most creative uses for the eDGe from actual owners. You might be surprised what you can do.

Also, a quick search and browsing the forum will also lead to many Apps which owners have reported will work on the eDGe.

Last edited by obsessed2; 03-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I use Mysword which is a great app if you are interested in using a Bible.

biblesupport.com also has tons of modules for the program.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
This is not a tablet. Its' an ereader with multimedia and light browsing capabilities. Understading this is the first step.
It basically gives you the most flexible reading experience available, thanks to the two displays.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You can use it as a day-planner, a shopping assistant, for light gaming, as a reader on either side, to record and listen to audio files, as a study aid, for internet browsing, as a notepad . . . etc. What do you want it to be?

I agree with Lorenzoens -- it's a great reader!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Tons of Uses

It's like a netbook with an ereader, or an ereader on steroids.

The best parts are when you're using it as an ereader and not as a tablet. It's got a decent size screen, and a lot of options on it to read in eink.

The best use for me is taking a lot of long webpages on the default browser, hitting the book icon, and turning it into a epub that makes it super-easy to read.

You can "pre-load" trips and go to a bunch of websites that you want to read posts on, catch up on, etc; and open them all in tabs or windows on the browser so that they are all loaded in.

Then, when you're in a car or train and don't have wi-fi, it's loaded and you just turn it to epub. You can also use the great LCD2EINK app, and turn any browser with multiple tabs into eink readable text. You then let the lcd side turn off, and you have a low power consumption ereader for webpages.

Some great apps are simple productivity apps like timers (i like the pomodoro free app), and note programs (Evernote is fantastic on the PE). Catch (notes) and FreeNote, Note everything (notepad for handwriting and text input) look great too. All are free or have free versions.

Paired with a decent portable keyboard or USB to PS2 adapter and keyboard, you can do some really good work with spreadsheets and word documents using the default Documents To Go or Quickoffice apps. You might have to edit your "build.profs" file if you get a "Device error: Passion" when you try to use it.

For fun apps, most games are hit or miss on here, simple games like poker games, puzzle games, etc, where there's not a lot of "action" are best suited for the device.

It's good for web browsing (I like Maxthon browser over Dolphin and Opera) and also chat clients too.

Hope that helps!
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
thanks all for your insights...
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post

....an ereader on steroids....
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote