Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #61
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Hello Iņigo,

Thank you very much, it works almost well now. Can I ask you to do me a favor? I've tried to tweak 'tolerance' parameters for stylus selection; could you please replace fbreader source files with ones from attached archive and compile it for me? I also tried to avoid some excessive screen refresh by stylus click, but not sure if I did it correctly. If ZLTextView.cpp gives compilation error pls. put ZLTextView_.cpp instead. I hate to put development stuff here, but attachments are not allowed in private messages.

Great Thanks,
The first one doesn't compile, .IsEmpty() is not found.
I've attached the second one.

On the other hand, I'll wait for you to finish these tweaks before making the new release.

Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: zip loo3.zip (808.6 KB, 369 views)
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #62
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
The first one doesn't compile, .IsEmpty() is not found.
I've attached the second one.
Oops. The idea was to avoid excessive screen refresh for a single stylus tap. It clears previous selection, I've tried to bypass it when nothing was selected, for example when double-click is just too slow. But as I said I'm not a programmer. May be someone more experienced can make it right.
There are many things to improve, for example make this tolerance not static but calculate with current font size and line space, but I would be surely unable to code this. This last build works very well for me, almost without faults. I'm very happy and I think I'm done with tweaks.

Again, great thanks Iņigo for your help!

Last edited by Loo; 01-08-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #63
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

New release: v3

New release at the first message of the thread.

v3 - 2011/01/23
. turn on led while loading files [Mackx]
. improve double click performance [Loo]
. fix install extensions script
. change Russian hyphenation file
Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #64
Vasiok
Vasiok began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s, irex iLiad
Hi people.
I have a noob question.
_config folder where do I get it.
cuz I cant install this and the folder is missing
ty.
Vasiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #65
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasiok View Post
Hi people.
I have a noob question.
ty.
I think you can just create it manually on your SD-card (it doesn't have to contains any files).
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #66
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Hi people.
I have a noob question.
ty.
AS Mackx said, create it manually on your SD card, inside Programs folder.
Also, I'd could be wrong, but I think it's created automatically first time you open FBReader.

Iņigo
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #67
Vasiok

ok now I have it.
It was created automatically.
but I cant read read any mobi or prc files. Not 100% sure what I have to do it there.
I have started the app and get this text that explains what to do but I cant figure out things about library and extensions.

thanks for your help guys.
Alexei
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #68
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
but I cant read read any mobi or prc files. Not 100% sure what I have to do it there.
I have started the app and get this text that explains what to do but I cant figure out things about library and extensions.i
If you have copied everything correctly on your SD-card. You should (in the SD-card view) have an extra icon in Programs/Install, called: 'Add FBReader Extensions' or something similar. When you click on it, the DR will be configured to start FBReader when clicking on mobi and prc files. It will also make sure that all mobi and prc files will be shown on the DR. At the end of the install a reset will occure.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #69
Vasiok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
If you have copied everything correctly on your SD-card. You should (in the SD-card view) have an extra icon in Programs/Install, called: 'Add FBReader Extensions' or something similar. When you click on it, the DR will be configured to start FBReader when clicking on mobi and prc files. It will also make sure that all mobi and prc files will be shown on the DR. At the end of the install a reset will occure.

Hope that helps.
Hi I have done that but still cant see the mobi and prc files.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #70
Vasiok

I formated SD card/put all the files on to the card/installed the app again but still no luck.
it just doesnt see the files.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #71
Vasiok

Any suggestions guys ?
I also tried different firmware versions rc2 and rc3 and with both I cant see
the files.
Also I am able to read and see chm files but not mobi or prc files.
I also edited the line so that mobi and prc are opened by default by FBreader but still cant see the files on SD.

Last edited by Vasiok; 06-07-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #72
Vasiok

Ok.
Now I have managed to open few mobi and prc files from the app itself.
But still cant see the files in folders when I browse them(viewing is enabled).
I cant see only mobi and prc files at the moment.
I copied a file from one directory ro the other and for some strage reason I could see it even from the application.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #73
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
FBReader is great stuff. I have one file, when I open it with the regular reader even the smallest font is much too big to read comfortably. But with FBReader you have much more control. Thanks guys, for your efforts.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #74
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Ok.
Now I have managed to open few mobi and prc files from the app itself.
But still cant see the files in folders when I browse them(viewing is enabled).
I cant see only mobi and prc files at the moment.
I copied a file from one directory ro the other and for some strage reason I could see it even from the application.
Hi Vasiok,

I have two questions:
Can you have a look in the file \System\dr.ini on your SD-card. In that file the following should appear:
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/icon_name=fbreader
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/extensions=pdb;fb2;zip;rtf;orb;tcr;opf;oebzip;chm;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/viewer_cmd=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader

And two, you mention that after copying a file to a different location, you can see it. Can you give the path of the original location? There are some directories that are ignored (like every directory starting with an underscore).
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #75
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I don't think the install script associates .mobi and .prc files with fbreader (even though the first post states it will). Perhaps this is what creates the confusion?

Last edited by rvs; 06-08-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader