Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am reading more and more variety now that I have my ereader. I have started a rotation whereby I will read a current (last 10 years or so) Fiction... (my favorites are Mystery / Thrillers). My next book will be a classic. I just finished "Simple Truth" by Baldacci which was awesome. I am now reading The Island of Dr. Moreau. Next up will be a challenge because while reading I have located some in my local library and have purchased a few... so I am not sure but will need to decide very soon... :-)

I also slipped in the Curious Case of Benjamin Button during lunch hours at work.

RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think there is a lot less "method to my madness" since i discovered ebooks, since i now have literally hundreds to choose from at any time, and i'm not too sure myself how to choose the next one sometimes...

in general, if i discover a new author i really like, i tend to get hooked and want to read as much by the same author as i can get my hands on. now i try to read series in order, but since before i got a lot of books from the library, i often had to take whatever i could find even if it wasn't the correct order. also i often find myself reading by theme ; for instance, several years ago i discovered by accident a portugese author i like very much, and then by accident another portugese author i also liked very much, and then for several months i was reading only portugese litterature. or, maybe i'm in the mood to read mysteries, and i'll read quite a lot of mysteries in a row even if they are not all the same author.

lately, i try to keep a balance between reading books i've "planned" to read next because something about them caught my eye, and reading things i've stumbled on accidentally, but then of course i usually revert to my typical theme / author / series behavior... like, i just discovered émile gaboriau on feedbooks, i started with a very short book ("le petit vieux de batignolles") and i liked it so much i immediately started another (much longer) book by him, "monsieur lecoq", and i've got all his books lined up on my liseuse waiting. but maybe after i finish lecoq i'll try to read a different book which has been on my list. and if i don't have something in mind, i just take a look through the books i've got loaded until something catches my eye, and try it out ; sometimes i read a few pages and decide i'm not in the mood for that, so it's lather rinse repeat maybe several times before i really get going.

this is probably not helping you at all is it ? well, if you come up with a good system, i'd be interested myself...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert