Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
SMR
SMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Get rid off "left-justified" text

Hello together,

I'm from germany and I'm new on the KT and have a question to you cracks.

Typically for german texts, we use long words. Now, the most of the books I had on the KT show the text left-justified without syllabication. This is terrible to read, because often a line has only 4 words with 1/3 spacing on the right.

I already use small font style condensed and medium line spacing.

Is there any possibility to let the text be full justified like in a printed book or is it possible to use syllabication?

I hope you have a solution
SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
Hello together,

I'm from germany and I'm new on the KT and have a question to you cracks.

Typically for german texts, we use long words. Now, the most of the books I had on the KT show the text left-justified without syllabication. This is terrible to read, because often a line has only 4 words with 1/3 spacing on the right.

I already use small font style condensed and medium line spacing.

Is there any possibility to let the text be full justified like in a printed book or is it possible to use syllabication?

I hope you have a solution
German might fit better in landscape mode. Might even get 5 or 6 words per line.

Site has a bunch of topics about rotating the screen layout.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
Try CoolReader, it has Syllabification and proper justifying.
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
wuschel83
wuschel83 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
Try CoolReader, it has Syllabification and proper justifying.
I believe there is no CoolReader Version for touch now???
wuschel83 is offline   Reply With Quote