Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Tilly
Tilly began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Help with decision please :-)

Hi all!

I am in the position that many of you guys (probably all) have been in.

I have been wanting to buy an ereader a few months now but I cant work out what is best for me as soon as I think I have picked one I read really bad reviews about it (you get that with everything though)

All I want this little machine for is reading a novel, I don't need any other features.

I do a lot of reading in the dark so would like something that would cope with a book light on it.

I am not that computer savvy and the thought of converting things on the computer and then uploading to the ereader in not something that excites me but I could learn if needed.

I like the Sony 300 and also the 600 but based on what I have said I am wondering what you experienced efolk would recommend for me?

TY
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Tilly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The 300 would probably be best for you. It's cheap and is basic. I have a 505, which is slightly larger, and I use a Mighty Bright Flex LED light that works great. The software works like iTunes, if you are familiar with that.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
If you don't need any extra features, the sony prs-300 is probably your best option.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote