Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
New Firmware build 796 available for CyBook Gen3

News via Bookeen Blog

What's New in Version 1.2 (Build 796)

* New: user interface now available in 6 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian & Dutch).
* Improvement: reduced power consumption.
* Improvement: reduced memory usage.
* New: zoom menu for PDF files.
* Improvement: fast panning within PDF files.
* Improvement: general stability and performance.
* Fix: SD card detection.
* Fix: last page saved for files with UTF8 (non ANSI) names.
* New: possibility to restore factory settings (also deletes personal data in internal memory). To do so, press volume- while switching off.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Bill - that should please those people who use PDF files. I wonder when we'll get the promised "folder view"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wonder when we'll get the promised "folder view"?
Darned good question
Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
stevy
stevy began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 512Mo
i tried it,
a nice better pdf response when you change page, no crash of the cybook with big pdf, the zoom works well but if you go to the right of a page, when you go to the next page, you restart at the left (sorry if i'm not quite clear),
and for comics, th script i use from Icehand makes pdf at 133% of zoom, but the choice of the cybook are only to unzoom (from 50 to 100%)
stevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Halleluja! Finally...
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
Halleluja! Finally...

Big deal! It *still* won't update from the USB port nor does this update "fix" the crash that Build 708 forced upon the 512MB Cybook sitting next to me. ( I also note that for the fourth week now I've not heard back from Bookeen about getting this Cybook fixed. Nor does the blog post state whether this update can be applied to a 64MB Cybook - of which I have one still tootling along under Build 538.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I installed the update on my 64mb Cybook - no problems. PDF capability is now, like it should had been from the beginning.
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevy View Post
[…] and for comics, th script i use from Icehand makes pdf at 133% of zoom, but the choice of the cybook are only to unzoom (from 50 to 100%)
I don't quite understand what you're saying, could you describe in detail what isn't working?
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
I installed the update on my 64mb Cybook - no problems. PDF capability is now, like it should had been from the beginning.
Then I'll risk my 64MB Cybook.

Derek
Old 09-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
bwaldron
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Nor does the blog post state whether this update can be applied to a 64MB Cybook
Works fine on mine. I would only have expected a notice (and some upset customers) if the newer firmware didn't support the 64MB models.

I don't use PDF much on my reader, but it does indeed seem to work better with this update.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Works fine on mine. I would only have expected a notice (and some upset customers) if the newer firmware didn't support the 64MB models.
Given that I've had to deal with crashed Cybooks of both the 64MB and 512MB version when upgrading to Build 708, I think my scepticism is rational and healthy.

So far the update of my SOLE REMAINING WORKING Cybook is going okay. Fingers *are* crossed!

AAAAaaaaaaaannnnndddd... It completed!

Derek
Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #12
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Update went without a hitch like all other updates
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
bwaldron
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Given that I've had to deal with crashed Cybooks of both the 64MB and 512MB version when upgrading to Build 708, I think my scepticism is rational and healthy.
Understood
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
PIPO
Cybookien
PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Yes, nice pdf zoom !!!

Some photos with A4 pdf:

http://ebook-actu.blogspot.com/2008/...book-gen3.html

Last edited by PIPO; 09-06-2008 at 02:46 AM.
PIPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
OK, now I'm really envious...I have a STAReBOOK that was converted (flashed) to a Cybook Gen3 and it acts just like a Cybook, apart from the fact that it does not accept regular Cybook firmware updates...that's a pity...but I guess I should not be complaining...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote